Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really was a nice day outside today.

And, I shouldn't have been in a bad mood.

But.....dang it! I'm tired of not finding any silver coins! :(

And, I let the Lord know just how I felt today! :(

2016 (412).jpg

He heaped clad on me and I was thankful, but.....

Then....after our little conversation?

And, OTWBTTC?

2016 (413).jpg

I did a sheepish lil smile and said, "Nuff said, Lord."
LOL

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 15

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pile of clad & a dandy deputy sheriff badge - fantastic finds & congrats to you - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel your pain Ive found 500 plus quarters 200 plus dimes 150 nickels 1400 pennies 189 wheats 23 rings and only 49 silver in at least 3 times a week 4 to7 hours each time hunting in 2 years. I read peoples todays finds gold rings 10 silver dimes paul reveres boot. A 1523 reale and a gold coin and king tuts gold tooth. Next find 11 coppers 3 US army buckles a ww1 cannon and a derringer. An old Spanish sword and Jimmy Hoffas wallet with six gold dabloons in it and can someone help idebtify this coin spill from the 1600s. Sorry got carried away venting Not a lot of silver here either......

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard "some where" that the Good Guy up there doesn't heap any more on us than we can handle.........apparently I'm not able to "handle" much in the line of silver (or any other old coinage), either...........
I'm achin' right along with you, whadifind and a2coins...........:dontknow::BangHead:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, be thankful you can get out and hunt. Nothing wrong with that stuff. You are a successful finder of minor treasure. And God will one day reward you for your patience. Or maybe not...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are absolutely right metal detecting is very relaxing being out in the woods at the beach very serine. I love and appreciate the hobby easy to lose sight of all the benefits and just focus on the find benefits. Thanks for the comment Happy hunting!!!!!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong folks. I've been doing this for much too long to not realize what's the *real* treasure. LOL

I give thanks to Him every time I go out, BEFORE I even turn on the machine. I tell Him that I know that just being out here doing this is half of why I came. It's partly why I make posts of mostly clad too. Keeping the hobby real. If we're lucky, we'll get some clad every time out. It is worth something. :)

We ALL get a bit frustrated when that occasional "happy" find doesn't show up but we also know it's a marathon, not a sprint. (Although, from some of the detectorists I've seen running across the field, I wonder. ;) )

It's a mistake to go out *expecting* to find treasure every time out. We should look for it but not expect that each time is going to have gold. If it was that easy, gold wouldn't be that rare.

One thing though, I'm wondering if the good Lord just *might* have some tiny, small, little problem.....with pieces of silver. Anyone think of a reason? ;)

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking Sheriffs badge Whadi. I'd take that find any day for my display case.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet badge and clad.
I think the big guy in the sky is preparing you for the big one. Like maybe a walking half or silver dollar.
I hope you're taking your blood pressure meds.
Congrats on getting out.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep diggin !!!!! I find I go through streaks of good finds then nothing but junk and clad, but we keep trying. Keep at it! Hell I'm still looking for King Tuts gold tooth! Congrats and HH

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, You are now a duly deputized member of the "Precious Profitable Pieces Pursuing Posse," (PPPPP) congratulations! As you said, this hobby is a marathon, and there are (most!) days when we come back only with lowly clad. But clad to a pauper is treasure. Coming home with nothing is the only unbearable torment. It makes the "special" finds that much more special. I, after 6 years of heavy detecting, have yet to find anything "banner worthy." So I dream of one day joining that elite club that YOU are in already! Keep digging, my friend. Sub 8-)

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool badge and a pile of clad. I'd call that a blessing. Like you, I give thanks for the mere fact that I'm able to be out there enjoying the day. Dirt fishing and water fishing are much the same. Even when I don't "catch" anything, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. Congrats, and may the man upstairs keep us all healthy and swinging!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a pile of clad and the badge! You'll get 'em next time! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, You are now a duly deputized member of the "Precious Profitable Pieces Pursuing Posse," (PPPPP) congratulations!

Oh yeah! I believe I remember that club name! It's acronym is pronounced much in the same way as ......

:tongue3: "Thhhhhbtpptttbbttttttttttt!!!!!!" (I never could figure out how to spell that! :icon_scratch:)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any time you can find something out of the ordinary is a good day. I'd say that badge fits that description!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice walk out collecting the clad and a nice surprise! Congrars!
Those two are happy!

I do believe He just deputized you to go out and round up the silver.

My last silver coin was last year!

When i ask for stuff i do get it, but not what i expected, and more times than not it brings a laugh or a smile.

....happiness is priceless!

....where's the trash :what:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel your pain Ive found 500 plus quarters 200 plus dimes 150 nickels 1400 pennies 189 wheats 23 rings and only 49 silver in at least 3 times a week 4 to7 hours each time hunting in 2 years. I read peoples todays finds gold rings 10 silver dimes paul reveres boot. A 1523 reale and a gold coin and king tuts gold tooth. Next find 11 coppers 3 US army buckles a ww1 cannon and a derringer. An old Spanish sword and Jimmy Hoffas wallet with six gold dabloons in it and can someone help idebtify this coin spill from the 1600s. Sorry got carried away venting Not a lot of silver here either......

Yep, it's why I put up such mundane posts as well as "good" ones. I feel it shows a truer picture of what most go through in this hobby. Although, some, do indeed approach this a bit more professionally. With much more diligence to research etc. I know, because when I started I was more this type of hunter. I seem to have gotten much more lazy in my old age. ;)

So, take with a grain of salt, my "complaints" from time to time of no "good" finds. I already know why. LOL

I pray sometimes but, I'm really thinking that the Lord has something about finding "pieces of silver". ;)

Thanks!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Love your posts and the responses. Very good reading when you need a laugh or two! Thanks for the smiles and hopefully a silver trinket will find your pouch soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread