First Real Hunt With The Makro Racer 2

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've taken a week or so off from detecting, because of the heat and dry ground. We finally got some rain, but the heat is still here.

I bought a Makro Racer 2 to see what it can do. The larger stock search coil is a little too heavy for my liking, so I used the NEL Snake search coil. It's lighter, but doesn't go as deep. Most of the coins I found today were around 4 or 5 inches deep. I was getting a good audio tone, but some of the coins weren't getting any VDI numbers.

I tried different search modes and settings to see which one worked the best. I've got a lot to learn. I'm going to order me either the NEL Sharpshooter or a Makro search coil of about the same size. I need more depth without any extra weight.

I ended up finding a 1952 Washington quarter, a 1935 Mercury dime, a 1944 Mercury dime, a 1905 Indian Head penny, 10 wheat pennies and some clad coins.

This was my 74th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 205. Today was the halfway point of the year.

tabman

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 001.JPG

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 003.JPG

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 005.JPG

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 008.JPG

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 009.JPG

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 012.JPG

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 015.JPG

Racer 2 - 3 Silver Coins 013.JPG

Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang tabman, haven't you found a detector you like yet? Congrats on the silvers. :occasion14: How does the makro stack up to the F75?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang tabman, haven't you found a detector you like yet? Congrats on the silvers. :occasion14: How does the makro stack up to the F75?

Thanks! I like trying different detectors to see what all the talk and hype is about. I haven't used the Racer 2 enough to make a fair comparison with my F75DST. All I know for now, it will find silver.

tabman

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds. You seem to be getting the hang of the Makro pretty good. Saw that you are from Germantown, TN. I hope the Germantown Commissary is still in business. Best BBQ anywhere!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on yet another successful hunt! The Racer 2 is on my wish list as well, but ya beat me to it! Keep us updated on your hunts with it! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver finds! Congratualtions!

Keep the streak going!!!!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds. You seem to be getting the hang of the Makro pretty good. Saw that you are from Germantown, TN. I hope the Germantown Commissary is still in business. Best BBQ anywhere!
Thanks! Yeah, it's still here. You might want to try 'One and Only' BBQ. Their ribs are fantastic!

Congratz on yet another successful hunt! The Racer 2 is on my wish list as well, but ya beat me to it! Keep us updated on your hunts with it! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Thanks! I'll keep you posted on how I like it.

Nice silver finds! Congratualtions!
Keep the streak going!!!!
Thanks! I'm going to be slowing down a lot. This Summer heat and hard ground isn't to my liking.

Congrats on the silver
Thanks! Popping silver is always fun.

tabman

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been on the fence about picking one of these up. I've seen some great videos online of how well they can separate targets in junky areas. Congrats on the finds. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been on the fence about picking one of these up. I've seen some great videos online of how well they can separate targets in junky areas. Congrats on the finds. :thumbsup:
Give me a little time with the R2 and I'll let you know without any hype how it stacks up against the other detectors that I've used. So far it looks promising.

tabman

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it is the detector.
It's the Silver Magnet that you keep on your pocket.
Excellent hunt.
Congrats.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think it is the detector.
It's the Silver Magnet that you keep on your pocket.
Excellent hunt.
Congrats.
Thanks! It's mostly about location. You can be using the best detector built, but if silver is not there you're not going to find any.

tabman

Shiloh

Jan 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the Racer and the Makro Geo. I haven't had the chance to use the Geo yet but I have used the Racer and I love it. I live in Shiloh Tn not to far from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread