My highest $ average of $.2197 cents average per coin of 99 total coins found today

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a Georgia Elementary School today that I have never searched, and it was obvious that no one else had searched either. With the aid of my New White's TRX pinpointer that I recently won on "The Silverslingers" I found a record one day total of 81 clad quarters, plus 15 clad dimes, and 3 memorial "copper" cents for a total of 99 coins for a total face value of $21.75......and when divided by 99 coins found is a career $ average high for me, per target of $.2197........which is almost 22 cents per coin.......When I find an unsearched location like this, and was a 30 mile one way trip from home......I will use my 1st Stage method of recovery running in VDI of 70-99 and rejecting the cents and everything else below 70, not knowing when I would be back.......in order to get maximum $ average per coin found on my 1st trip.....In addition I also found 2 Silver .925 rings which I posted a picture of them and all the coins I found below. The 2 sterling rings were 20 grams in weight, and with silver closing today at $18.80 per ounce makes their melt value $11.18......so my total was $32.93 in value today.
81 coins 010.jpg

002.JPG

P.S. I was using my White's MX5 and TRX Pinpointer today.

Thanks for looking and HAPPY HUNTING

Last edited:
Upvote 12

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job I keep all my coins in mason jars with the total written on tape and change the amount after evey hunt its fun to see my totals Keep it up I like to see these kinds of posts Thanks

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic clad finds and congrats to you - clad coins add up & places like this is hard to find these days - anyway thank you for your post I enjoyed reading it and wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have a very technically sound way of getting your enjoyment. Might you have been an accountant? ;)

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!!!! Cant wait for pics!!!!!

<<rejecting the cents and everything else>>

What is 'rejecting'??? :icon_scratch: :notworthy: Dig it all!!!!!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, WHADIFIND........Bingo.....YES, I was an accountant....now retired.....Thanks

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, pepperdawg.....pics of rings: View attachment 1331651 that Love ring is huge, 15 grams alone.......coin pic to follow.......and my next visit there I will pick up everything else and copper cents.....Thanks for comments

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a very productive hunt! The rings look Great!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice haul with so many quarters and two nice rings, made for a great outing for you.
FYI, I found a 24k gold pendant at a school that rang in like a penny. Hopefully something like that will surprse you when you go back out to clean up that spot.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice clad and ring hunt! Digging clad :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, WHADIFIND........Bingo.....YES, I was an accountant....now retired.....Thanks

Somehow, I'm not totally surprised. ;) LOL

I do similar calculations as well but I just simplified my system. I figure that I'm working about 4 times as hard now, (physically), then I was b4 I retired. AND.....I'm getting paid, on average about a dollar an hour less than I did on my very first job, back in the 60's! LOL

HH!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, WHADIFIND.......Exactly......I know what you mean.......When I was working and had the money, but not the time......NOW....I have plenty of time, but NO money....lol.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE: Went back to the Georgia Elem. School on Sunday 7/3.....and found an additional 42 clad quarters, 11 clad dimes, 2 nickels and 5 copper memorial cents and 1-James Monroe $1 Presidential coin.....but no rings this time......still was $12.75 in face value, and a good start for my 1st hunt in July.....click picture below to enlarge.....Thanks for looking

42 coins 002.JPG

Happy Hunting to ALL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions