Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year, NYC Parks and Recreation increased the number of parks we can hunt from 35 to 162. Quite a few of the new parks don't contain much land and are really small neighborhood corner parks with benches and shade trees. The park I hit yesterday is only 5 miles from my house. It took close to an hour to get to it because the traffic was bumper to bumper.
Well, when I got to the park, I broke out the E-Trac and started to swing the coil over the soil. There are a few acres of grass the surround the Handball and Basketball Courts, aso well as the bench areas.
I gave it 2 hours. This park is undergoing renovations. The soil I was digging in is fresh imported black soil and is pretty much pull tab free. There were no deep signals and mostly surface clad. I did get on perfect "Silver Dollar Signal."
The E-trac was saying, " 1-43, 1-43, 1-43."
I tried not to get my hopes up but I couldn't help but go into wishful thinking mode. It turned out to be a plated buckle. I did manage to pull 35 coins including a coin I think is Chinese in origin. It has a number 10 on it.
Any help with the I.D. would be appreciated.

IMG_4522.JPG IMG_4514.JPG IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4514.JPG
    IMG_4514.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Upvote 15

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a good, productive spot for clad. Can't say as I like the transit times, though. :laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Oriental is no longer considered correct... it's Asian now.

Nice selection of finds, perhaps one of these new parks will be a honey hole!

Best of luck to you sir.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rather nice bunch of clad - buckle & chinese coin "congrats" - don't know a thing about the chinese coins & anyway thanks for sharing your pictures & story with us & I wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ATW...cool finds..and congrats on the expansion of the number of Parks you can hunt, and most people here might not realize that you were very instrumental in upping the number of parks that can be detected in NYC...and are very active in helping others, like myself, in gaining permission to hunt parks that are, or were, off limits to detecting..and we are all very thankful for your ongoing efforts...thanks very much, keep us posted on all the new parks you detect...ddf

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Japanese 10-Yen coin. I have found them in Queens; the Bronx; and on Jones Beach. Great hunt! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You had a good day out swing the coil, congratulations! :occasion14:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a successful hunt! Congrats on the Japanese coin, it's really cool finding foreign coins! HH

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thought about it. Ever ride the subway to your parks? Nice finds wherever you go...

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I spent those 10 Yen coins when I was stationed in Okinawa. Back in 1979. Lots of clad there.

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought about it. Ever ride the subway to your parks? Nice finds wherever you go...

Yep,, it is sometimes easier to ride the subway and also faster. Some of the parks are out of the way though. Riding the bike to and from is a convenience providing you don't hit traffic.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. I'm amazed at the number of parks you have to hunt. In my small hometown we have one that gets pounded by everyone, especially after the carnival rides are gone.

DaleinFL

Jun 18, 2016
Port St Lucie, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 ///
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You did better then me today, I ran the beach for about 3 hrs. Nothing but junk today, but will look hard after all the visitors leave from the Holiday weekend.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that transport is a killer and doing the subway will get you mugged. Tough choices.

I don't see the need to bring that ridiculous PCness here as anybody from Asia can be called an Asian and that could include Russians, Iranians, Pakistanis, etc and does not refer to a race.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That hour long transit sure eats into the hunting time........
A good, productive hunt........and it was sure to answer some of those nagging questions you had about that park...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread