ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Boy did I find a GREAT spot in the weeds!! Have absolutely no idea what I found where but I sure had fun. When you find a Barber quarter, 3 SL quarters and two Washington, you know you are in a virgin spot. First gold was the small one with 3 out of 4 black stones in it. Second is the signet. Lots of hallmarks in the signet. It is old and only 9K but nice. Stamped 9 and 375.

Anyway the silver kept ringing loud and clear today. I couldn't believe how many quarters i was able to scrounge up. Then the dimes, rings and Indian bracelet. I sure had my friend drooling as he pulled up a silver Roosevelt and no other silver or gold. He got a Detroit Police button though. That makes 4 from this spot now.

The brass oar lock was different. I have found hundreds and this is the first brass one. First large sledge hammer also.

Barber is 1911, three slq's no date I can see at this time, two Washington's three merc's, two Roosevelt's, a war nickel, four silver rings and the silver bracelet are my silver finds.

The button has a patent date of Dec. 9 1924 on it.

The only trash I dug were two bottle tops, two shotgun bases, a pull tab and a washer. Made for a very good day underwater. Enjoy the pictures!!

I sure hope to find more spots like that out there.

Last edited:
Upvote 38

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds!!! You make me want to get certified. Unfortunately Utah ain't the most wonderful place to scuba dive. Oh well, I spend my time wading in a creek that used to pass by the old territorial penitentiary. Good luck on many more hunts and I expect to see more cool finds.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice assortment of finds!!! You make me want to get certified. Unfortunately Utah ain't the most wonderful place to scuba dive. Oh well, I spend my time wading in a creek that used to pass by the old territorial penitentiary. Good luck on many more hunts and I expect to see more cool finds.

I was a state cop in Utah. I dove, Pineview, Deer Creek, Provo river, Ogden river, Fish lake, Causey reservoir, and others. Not the most wonderful place but gold can be found in a few of those places. I know of a few other places I am going to hit once I drive back.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man your killin it !!! I cant belive how rich your spots are. You must have very little competition. I sometimes come up there with a yacht I work on , guess I got to bring my gear next time. I would brave the cold for finds like yours.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds. wtg

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked my reflection in a mirror.........I'm a pale shade of green!! You keep this up and folks are going to think I'm Martian!!
Just unbelievable how much you are able to bring up from DJ's Locker!!
No, no, never mind my color.......you keep pounding the bottom of the deep!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely a fantastic hunt, Gold, Silver and Relics! Congratualtions! :occasion14:

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would die if I found a place with more than one silver quarter(I've only found two in three years) let alone that many and Barbers and SLQ's to boot!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I would die if I found a place with more than one silver quarter(I've only found two in three years) let alone that many and Barbers and SLQ's to boot!

Funny you should mention that. I was just counting the silver from that spot.

4 Walkers
1 Franklin half
1 Barber quarter
4 SLQ quarters
23 Washington quarters
47 Dimes
10 war nickels
1 2 mark German

Add 16 pieces of gold to the equation and you understand why I keep going back.

This is in 3 weeks time. Yes a virgin spot nobody has touched I am sure. No diver has anyway.

Last edited:

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeeosh, dang that's awesome! You're killing me with all these water finds.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing!! What else can be said!!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Man you're on fire congrats on the great finds keep it up

Well, I am not really on fire. Water is a LOT better to hunt than land for a few reasons. When a person dropped a coin or ring in the water it was GONE for good. Not like on land where they could find it in the grass or dirt. Very rare to find a ring on top of the sand and even rarer to stay on muck. Since I can get to places others only dream of I do have an advantage. I just have to find the places and this is one of them.

So many detectorists have hit parks and curb strips and very few have ventured into areas that I go. The ones that do don't talk about it much. We all know that once the old stuff is gone, it is gone for good. Sure new stuff gets dropped especially rings. Yes, every year I find virgin swim areas. Ones long forgotten. With no air conditioners back in the day and thousands of people swimming, diving and detecting has been a blast.

I call the lakes in Michigan my private banks. People deposit goodies in them every day. I just have to be around to withdraw whatever they deposit.

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a fertile piece of ground you have there! Congrats!!!

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt.......So much BIG silver makes for a Great Hunt...Congrats

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thank you for your service, Scuba. I didn't know that about you. You were certainly killing the rings and silver coins out there.. I bet you deserved them, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions