8th Hunt At The Soccer Field

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Went out today to the soccer field for the 8th time. Didn't find any rings, which kind of suprised me since I thought this would be the best place in this field to find more. I did find more nickels then normal, also another Capital Metro token pin, and some sort of kids medallion. I think one of the reasons more rings were found at the right end of the field is because that is where the adults play their games. The kids have their games in the rest of the field. I've still got a little left to go before I am done.

Attachments

• Soccer Photo.jpg
    Soccer Photo.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 324
  • 8th Soccer Field.JPG
    8th Soccer Field.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Still surprised you didn't find a ring, but nice totals!!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I really like how you charted the anatomy of that field. Each location has it's own unique variations, but there are some things they have in common as well.

Nice work!

Ridley

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if you don't find another ring there, most people are lucky to find just one ring in a sports field half that size..great finds, I like the aerial map also..neat idea!

HH,
Nat

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Sorry you didn't find any rings. :( Are you planning on doing those small sections near the road on the right of your picture? Or are they forbidden for some reason. Almost done, are you planning to do another run at that field from a different angle? Hope you find some rings next time.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I would say this...i notice you mentioned and you will be done....I have a park by my house like the one you are doing such a great job on......I think you should just start over if it is not to far away....wait a month or two..... :)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I have really enjoyed these series of posts with your grid map. That's really cool, I would like to learn how you did that. Good luck on the last part!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions