Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather in NYC has been pretty pleasant for the past 2 weeks. The temps have been hanging out in the mid 80's. The water surrounding the area is now about 75 degrees. Then the last day of school was June 28th. Now add to the mix that the Fourth of July will fall on a Monday and you have the perfect scenario for a Beach Party.
I know, according to a friend and co-worker, who is a regular at "PENNY BEACH" that the beach was packed from Friday through Monday.
Into the mix comes Tuesday morning, and I have off. The forecast is for overcast skies. Most New Yorkers have to work. The tide will start going out around 11 P.M.

When I arrived at the parking lot, there was maybe 20 cars parked in a lot designed to accommodate thousands. I was in the water around 12:30 P.M.,, and the place is unrestricted.
I had a little fun chasing 2 pieces of foil. The sound that foil makes on the Excalibur is so sweet. I always think GOLD. I also had some fun retrieving 2 thin costume ring that each gave me a hollow gold like signal. I picked away at some clad and some iron signals.

There was a signal that took 3 scoops before I figured out what was going on. It was a junk stud with fake diamonds that kept slipping through my scoop. On the fourth try, I gently lifted the scoop and snatched the stud just before it would have slipped though the holes again.

Then about three hours into the hunt, I hit Gold. It was a signal that went from a quarter tone to a gold tone. One scoop and I was looking at a wedding band. I don't normally check my finds while I'm in the water but I had to know. A quick check to see if anyone was watching me and then a quick inspection. On the inside of the band, a clear 14K stamp was staring up at me. It would weigh in at 7.5g
This is living the life. lol

IMG_4571.JPG

IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4569.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 28

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your gold ring - clad coins & other finds, bet the person that lost the wedding band is just sick - anyway thanks for the post and keep the great finds coming.

Texas ED

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when a plan comes together. :)

Nice hunka burning love! ;)

I once chased a signal for almost 15 minutes! Before I FINALLY lifted
the scoop and there was a teeny, tiny gold chain laying half in, half out
of the scoop! :)

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say timing is everything, and you sure nailed it! Congrats on some nice finds!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ATW nice. Congrats on the shiny score.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never count your money, when you're sittin' at the table, (or bobbing in the surf.) I dig everything and toss it in my bag so fast that curious liars ("hey, that's mine!") think it was another piece of trash....BUT, congratulations ATW for the big gold ring, I hope there will be many more for you. Sub 8-)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job that's funny the jewelery slipping through the scoop I can see that happening to me..I went to the beach with my AT PRO tried all kinds of setting ground balanced in the water turned sensitivity down 2 bars disc to 30 it seemed really hars to pinpoint the target I would find it then go after it and nothing in the scoop and no more signal I need lots more practice Great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look like the stars were aligned in your favor ATW. :thumbsup: Congrats on the fat gold band. :occasion14:

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job that's funny the jewelery slipping through the scoop I can see that happening to me..I went to the beach with my AT PRO tried all kinds of setting ground balanced in the water turned sensitivity down 2 bars disc to 30 it seemed really hars to pinpoint the target I would find it then go after it and nothing in the scoop and no more signal I need lots more practice Great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have retrieved numerous gold rings from fresh water lakes with the AT PRO. I will tell you from experience, no matter how many adjustments you make to the PRO, it is not a salt water machine. Salt water is a conductor, and unless you use a machine that can counter it's natural ability to create ghost signals, you will be chasing false targets all day. I know that from my own experience.
I reached out to a friend who has hunted in water for many many years. He is currently living in Russia, but has hunted all over Europe as well as Hong Kong. The machine he recommended paid for itself in 2 seasons. That particular machine is the Minelab Excalibur. I know there are other salt water machines that people have used with success but the Excalibur is the only one that has worked for me.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring my friend!!!!! You have to find a lot of pennies at penny beach to equal the value of that ring LOL! Congrats and happy hunting!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the 4.8 gm gold ring and other goodies! :occasion14:

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the gold! Way to hang in there.

aj

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any gold is good gold. That is a nice one. Congrats.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet ring and You got a Car!!! No Pull Tabs??? We see the Damn Caps though!!! hh chug and Red

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,