Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone

Had one of those hunts this morning that I wanted to share with you guys

I got up at 5:45 and headed out to a old park that's been producing these past couple hunts

I haven't been out much due to heat and travel base ball. Typical day had a few oldies and then it happened.

Just got done digging a older clad and I look up and see a large silver coin on the surface. I'm like no way a Morgan on the surface

I was pumped. I shot a video filled the hole and bam another one sticking out of the side of the ground. Video number two

Then they just kept coming. 4 total and I was just on cloud nine. I've found silver dollars in the past including one a few months back

There's to many swear words on the vids to show but you can imagine the excitement. I'll post better pics later when I can slowly clean them up

I also got two buffs one v one trolley token a 63 Rosie and a 60 Washington.

This was a once in a lifetime dig. I've recovered other small hoards like this in the past

Thanks for looking hope You guys enjoy the pics

Attachments

• Effect_20160710_102221.jpg
    Effect_20160710_102221.jpg
    988.8 KB · Views: 745
  • Effect_20160710_102258.jpg
    Effect_20160710_102258.jpg
    738.9 KB · Views: 597
  • Effect_20160710_102111.jpg
    Effect_20160710_102111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 680
  • KIMG0094.jpg
    KIMG0094.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 822
Last edited:
Upvote 106
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys

Youll find a silver dollar man. Keep hunting a lot there out there. Yes I believe this area still holds more treasures. I'll update you guys after Sunday if I find any more silver dollars. I think I got them all but gonna really make sure of it sunday

Thanks again for all the nice comments

HH Jer

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on Silver dollars! That's just crazy! Morgan and Peace are still on bucket list and likely to be there for awhile!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks captain

Yeah it took me yrs to find my first one. I got 5 this yr alone. My silver count is slightly down. But my face value is up there. I think I'd rather dig 4 silver dollars than 40 mercs and Rosie's. I'll take what I can get. Every season it gets harder to find silver

HH Jer

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope you find more on your return trip and congratulations on receiving your second BANNER! :occasion14:

Dave

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone

Had one of those hunts this morning that I wanted to share with you guys

I got up at 5:45 and headed out to a old park that's been producing these past couple hunts

I haven't been out much due to heat and travel base ball. Typical day had a few oldies and then it happened.

Just got done digging a older clad and I look up and see a large silver coin on the surface. I'm like no way a Morgan on the surface

I was pumped. I shot a video filled the hole and bam another one sticking out of the side of the ground. Video number two

Then they just kept coming. 4 total and I was just on cloud nine. I've found silver dollars in the past including one a few months back

There's to many swear words on the vids to show but you can imagine the excitement. I'll post better pics later when I can slowly clean them up

I also got two buffs one v one trolley token a 63 Rosie and a 60 Washington.

This was a once in a lifetime dig. I've recovered other small hoards like this in the past

Thanks for looking hope You guys enjoy the pics

Man, I never saw this. It came during my detecting hiatus. What a rush that must've been. Good grief!!!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I'm jealous.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Awesome!!! Congrats!!!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner find in my book wow buy some lotto tickets lol

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to thinking can you smell the wood burning lol what if those were part of a cache that maybe got washed to another spot I would be all over that place and Boom baby that's how we do it.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thank you fellas for kicking up an old post.

Yes, I remember it like it was yesterday. I was hunting this little hillside and spotted one of the silver dollars sticking up out of the ground.

Picked it up with excitement and was like man these don't come often. After the third one I was really like how many of these am I going to find today.

It was really a rush to find them. I agree they were probably stashed under a rock or log etc and after years of rains winds etc they surfaced.

I've made some similar recoveries not everything I have found over the years got posted.

I was hunting with a buddy of mine in an old park and in between two massive trees I found 12 inches deep over 4.00 dollars in turn of the century coinage barber halfs indians etc.

Was just pulling them out one by one setting them in my buddies hands.

I've recovered some other small stashes over the years.

But one thing that eludes me is a gold coin. I just cant seem to find one. And I've been fortunate over the years to come across some great untouched sites with hundreds maybe even thousands of old coins but yet no gold coin.

It's like they never carried them. I am hopeful one day I will see one in a plug. I see people finding them after only hunting for a few years. I've easily have dug over a million holes in 26 years of hunting.

Love this hobby and will hunt till the body will no longer let me gold coin or not.

Thanks again,

Jer

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt Jer! I found a 1/4 ounce gold coin in my first year, but in 4 years have not found a silver dollar. Sounds like you are definitely due to finally find your white whale coin. Congrats on that amazing hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread