Ended the month finding silver...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
My friend bought a DFX and took him to a spot where I've pulled silver. I tore his butt up!! He is a Whites guy but every signal I showed him he said it wasn't a good signal. In three months he will have that baby singing and plan to get out again and let him hear some more deep signals. Now I put the "tore his butt up" in because I told him I would. He is a great person to hunt with and can't wait to see his digs. His clad totals are outragous!! Anyways, don't want any DFX people griping about tearing him up, first off because I did and secondly because we were there to help him and have fun. I found 21 coins totaling $1.51. I found 2 quarters, 5 dimes, 1945-D Merc, 7 nickels, 5 memorial cents, and 1 1930 wheat. The Merc was maybe 5 inches deep and a nice clear signal and sometimes wonder how you can miss such a great signal.

Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Nice finds. Hope your friend gets the hang of the new detector...remember, paybacks are hell! ;D

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack according to the year on that wheat you are getting closer to finding that 1920 I lost! I am watching you! ;D Oh and your partner....not being able to find a coin at 5.0....hopefully his detector is not defective...even in the pre installed programs he should be getting clear hits 6-7 inches no problem at all with a strong signal. Without any adjustments my deepest hit was 9.5, even with the small coil (5.3) very clear hits up to 6.5. Hopefully we will be hearing that you both are doing well! Oh and keep an eye out for that 1920..just kidding! :D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
It's great you are helping your friend learn his machine. A person can progress very quickly that way. You might never know what you are missing unless someone shows you.

Good deal on the silver too. :)

Bob

R

RUDY2003

Nice goin Jack. It won't take long for him to start giving you a "run for the money"!!!

Keep safe...

DetectorBase

Dec 31, 2006
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w/SunRay X-1, X-5 and X-8 / Whites XLT / Whites GM3
Congrats! I've had similar experiences with my friend that is using my older Whites XLT. I would recommend, opening up the discrimination and sensitivity a bit. I feel like the loaded coin program might be too 'tight' depending on your area's mineralization and how trashy the spot is. This is a good opportunity to do some A/B testing between the detectors and see what you can do to get his machine to ID those deeper targets better.

Are you running in all metal?

DB

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
White's factory-installed programs don't even scratch the surface of what the DFX can do. Once he understands this, a whole new world will open up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread