πŸ₯‡ BANNER "We Bring Good Things To Life!!" It WORKED for Me.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If anybody remembers that slogan it was for General Electric. They sure brought me to life today. On my second dive I was playing in a brand new section of the old area and found another walker. Moved a few more weeds and got a nice mid tone. The rest is history! 22.51 G of 18K with a small diamond. That sure got me going big time. 728.00 in scrap. That's the way I like them!!

No other gold. Just a walker, the Washington, 4 mercs, 3 silver rings a brass ring and a STEEL ring? What is up with that! (Big ring by the brass one) Two V nickels a 1906 and a 1912. Three buffalo, 2 1935 and a 1937 and a 1939 Jefferson. Five wheat's oldest is a 1924. The first silver ring is a St. Christopher and the second is an arrowhead with a paw print in the middle of it. Last one is a black stone.

The thin metal piece is a Pontiac, Chief of the Sixes emblem. I have found tokens like it but not an emblem like this thing is.

I also found a long HUGE anchor chain out there. I couldn't see if there is a big anchor on either end of it. Trying to dig it out I got a cramp in my leg. I had to go shallower to get rid of it and then lost where I was. Going back tomorrow. IF there is a big antique anchor out there I will spend a bunch of the summer digging it out so I can get a barge with a crane to pull it out for me. I have absolutely no idea what I might find on the end of it but I am hoping for an oak cross arm anchor. One of my dream finds.

Enjoy the pictures. I sure enjoyed the dives today!

Last edited:
Upvote 46
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
How much anchor chain did you pull up? I think a nice anchor would be a very nice find. You had a good hunt. Nice gold ring and the coins are in nice shape as well!
Be safe !
HH

I was able to pull about 3' of chain out of the muck before I got a huge cramp in my leg. I would guess the links are about 6" long. The chain was very heavy. Not sure if there is an anchor. I was only in 8 foot of water. I think it would be strange to have lost one that shallow. If it is an anchor thought it would have been lost before 1909 when they built the beach. So it would have been off an old wooden schooner.

I don't want to give too much away. However, I THINK I found one leg of this tower:

Interesting picture. You notice in 1917 they let people play on the tower. I actually can't wait to come across the platform remains that are way behind the tower. They are in much deeper water.
It was cut off about 3 inches above the bottom. It is also pretty close to some dock posts. The other interesting thing is the water is about 5' deeper than what this picture shows now. I sure wish I was here before they ripped everything out in the early 1970's. You can see by this later picture the tower is gone and the dock is there:

I can spend years at this spot it looks like. I can't imagine how much silver and gold is still lurking under the thick carpet of weeds and muck. It would take an army of divers to clean it out. Since I so far have been the only one out there except for my friend Kevin, I seem to have it made. If lurkers on here start going out there so be it. I have hundreds of other places to play.

I have really been thinking about this chain. It SEEMS that IF the water was that much lower, AND that is the leg to the tower that I found. this chain would have been in wading water. That would be very strange. So I am really not sure if I have found what I think I have found. The chain is way too big to be for holding a floating dock down. I know the water level fluctuates here and maybe it was a lot lower before all the locks were installed. No way can you wade as far out as the pictures show. No clue and I probably won't have an answer till I find both ends of the chain. LOL IF I can find both ends of it!

The only thing I am absolutely certain on right now is out of all the buildings in the picture, the only one that is still standing is the one circled.

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa... that's a ring! You never cease to amaze.

You are in a league of your own.

Get it? League... come on...

EDIT: Congrats on your BANNER!

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow what a honker Scuba, Congrats on another fruitful hunt. You are killing it this season. :notworthy:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW that's some hunt! Wow! That's an awesome ring! Walker and Mercs Oh My !

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think even if it was just the large links restored it would be very cool. Keeps us updated and hydrate and warm up before you exercise to keep those cramps at bay. Haha I want to see what is attached.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I think even if it was just the large links restored it would be very cool. Keeps us updated and hydrate and warm up before you exercise to keep those cramps at bay. Haha I want to see what is attached.

Trust me, I want to see what is attached also!! Even if it takes all summer to dig whatever it is attached to out I plan on doing it. If it is an anchor, I will use lift bags to get it to shore and then a wrecker to take it home. That is my plan anyway. I left an 8 ton anchor out in the lake one year a long time ago. it was a newer one but would have been a conversation piece to have.

Last year I found and had a drop tank to a P-51 Mustang pulled out BUT I never took it home. Kind of wish I did sometimes.

Always new and crazy things to find out there.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Scuba. Are you taking any time to come up for air ? You have been killing it lately. I have also found some of the Chief of the sixes token, but have never seen an emblem like the one you found. Thats the first one I have seen. Nice.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Great hunt Scuba. Are you taking any time to come up for air ? You have been killing it lately. I have also found some of the Chief of the sixes token, but have never seen an emblem like the one you found. Thats the first one I have seen. Nice.

A fish come up for air?? Naa, I try to avoid that. Same here with the emblem. it has 4 tabs on the other side to attach to something it looks like. Absolutely no idea what it was for. Thanks.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a Honker there Bob!! Congrads and some great looking treasure as always!!

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice underwater hunt! (as usual)

aj

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And there is your Banner!.....many more to come....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the Banner! :notworthy:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
LOL HOW did I get that??? Certainly not expected!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anybody remembers that slogan it was for General Electric. They sure brought me to life today. On my second dive I was playing in a brand new section of the old area and found another walker. Moved a few more weeds and got a nice mid tone. The rest is history! 22.51 G of 18K with a small diamond. That sure got me going big time. 728.00 in scrap. That's the way I like them!!

No other gold. Just a walker, the Washington, 4 mercs, 3 silver rings a brass ring and a STEEL ring? What is up with that! (Big ring by the brass one) Two V nickels a 1906 and a 1912. Three buffalo, 2 1935 and a 1937 and a 1939 Jefferson. Five wheat's oldest is a 1924. The first silver ring is a St. Christopher and the second is an arrowhead with a paw print in the middle of it. Last one is a black stone.

The thin metal piece is a Pontiac, Chief of the Sixes emblem. I have found tokens like it but not an emblem like this thing is.

I also found a long HUGE anchor chain out there. I couldn't see if there is a big anchor on either end of it. Trying to dig it out I got a cramp in my leg. I had to go shallower to get rid of it and then lost where I was. Going back tomorrow. IF there is a big antique anchor out there I will spend a bunch of the summer digging it out so I can get a barge with a crane to pull it out for me. I have absolutely no idea what I might find on the end of it but I am hoping for an oak cross arm anchor. One of my dream finds.

Enjoy the pictures. I sure enjoyed the dives today!

What a productive & Adventurous Hunt. Gotta Love BIG GOLD.
Funny how the water treats the Clad better than the Silver???

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well folks, The folks at General Electric sent me to the archives of the company to see if it was given to an employee or president. After 1900 the rings and pendants were given using the logo with the lower case letters in the circle.

They are checking to see if this ring was possibly issued before the 1900's. I have my doubts. With the letters looking like the shape of a badge, it could have belonged to a cop or fireman and those were his initials. I wish it had a name inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread