BUFFALO1a.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 451
  • buffalo2b.jpg
    buffalo2b.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
E

Enloe Relics

nice find ! hay a find is a find no mater were its from! :) HH !!!!

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I used to never really look at coin dates until I got a metal detector. Now I look at all coins in a different way. I found 6 Wheaties in my coffee can of pennies. I was even thinking about buying coins from the bank and checking them. Anyone out there do this. Do you get all new coins when you get them at the bank? I repair automated car washes and bought ten dollar coins from an attendant. some were Susan B Anthony's but most were Sacajawea dollars. I ended up spending them on my lunch. I keep everything I find before 1970. What is a good before date to start collecting? HH.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? CHRIS

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
You should see some of the stuff that I have found in rolls of coins at work!
You almost NEVER find buffalo nickels in change with the date readable. I have found several, and none of them had a date...

buckmild1 ... people do get rolls from the bank and search thru them. Now that I am no longer a cashier, I will probably start doing that again. Be sure to ask for paper rolls. The plastic ones are bank rolled and either are circulated or been looked thru, or both. What you are after are coins that someone has had lying around for a long time. Like that buff.

A link to an earlier post of mine:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,2882.0.html

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
actually the buff was out of a clear bank roll.i have been at this job for about 1 and a 1/2 years and its the 2nd buffalo.i found an i.h.penny once and a few silver q and dimes and the occassional war nickel.got a silver certificate dollar the other day from a guy who asked me if i wanted to see the"new"dollars! i bought it from him.once i had a lady give me 3 silver bullion dollar coins for smokes while she was holding a 5 dollar bill!unbelievable.

bigrig

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
My wife got a blank penny planchett in change from lunch this week.
I buy $1/2 rolls at the bank and pull out the silvers all the time. Sometimes you go through 10 rolls to get 1 silver. Then other times you get a roll with several in it.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a few silver Rosies and a Merc or two in pocket change over the years, plus many wheaties. It always pays to check your change! Also, thats a AWESOME profile pic bmanofnbc! SILVER & GOLD, SILVER & GOLD - NUTHIN, lol!!!! EXCELLENT!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
So you do have some edge on the Knorrski, hey good find all the same!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is really a good idea to look at all of your coins you get in change, particularly nickels. I have actually received two silver nickels in change this year alone (first ones in a couple of years).

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
treasurekidd said:
Also, thats a AWESOME profile pic bmanofnbc! SILVER & GOLD, SILVER & GOLD - NUTHIN, lol!!!! EXCELLENT!!

Thanks, I always liked him as a kid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread