๐Ÿฅ‡ BANNER My First Gold Coin! Need help idenifining please!,

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I'm still shaking as I write this. I'll try and keep this short. I bought a new Whites PI about 3 months ago. The 1st month I found a old silver ring very deep. After that and a couple of weeks of trying to figure how it works. Nothing but junk and very little of that I may add. I started to regret buying it. Come to find out the coil was bad right out of the box. Whites replaced it and had me going. Thanks to there awesome service. I went out to my spot where there was and old hotel back in the 1700s or so. I've been hunting low tide about a 100+ yards out. I get a hit and I'm thinking a ring by the sound of the tone. I look in the scoop and to my surprise I see what I think is a toasted dime. (Wrong) it's my first gold coin. Small in size. But incredibly real. The front has a Indian head princess with the United States Of America written on it and the back has some kind of design that I can't make out. I can't find one like it on line. So any of you who mite know I would appreciate any help. It's in really good shape except for a small ding on the edge. Not done by me. For those of you who has found a gold coin. I know how you feel. Those of you who have not. Don't give up! Happy and safe hunting to all of my brother and sister hunters! Thank you James

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 81

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The initials of the person look like 'CKM' or 'EKM'

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BEST of BOTH WORLDS!!!!!!! CONGRATZ...... BANNER!!!!!

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post as well as all of the other huge gold find posts have sent me on a tirade in search of one for myself! Good on you for finding one. Congrats and hope there is more in your future!

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely an awesome find. I would be shaking too. Nice induction to the 1800 club. Welcome aboard.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Most people spend a lifetime NOT finding something that awesome. Congrats!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful coin. Congratulations. This is what keeps is going when our bodies want to quit and it's too hot or too cold or a hundred other reasons of modern living.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relic lover, I would be extremely happy to find a plain run of the mill gold coin myself, but a love token would be even more exciting.

UOTE=relic lover;5060594]Definitely Banner worthy in my opinion. I would definitely rather find a love token like that then a plain old run of the mill gold coin.[/QUOTE]

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find! Agree with Deft. The first photo shows an engraved spider-style initials monogram. Good thing you stuck with it and got the new coil!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on one of the greatest finds I've seen posted!

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Wow, everyone's dream find. Waiting for cool weather to go again. This hypes me up. Love seeing this stuff. Congrats! Banner

jwarner51

Aug 11, 2014
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I'm still shaking as I write this. I'll try and keep this short. I bought a new Whites PI about 3 months ago. The 1st month I found a old silver ring very deep. After that and a couple of weeks of trying to figure how it works. Nothing but junk and very little of that I may add. I started to regret buying it. Come to find out the coil was bad right out of the box. Whites replaced it and had me going. Thanks to there awesome service. I went out to my spot where there was and old hotel back in the 1700s or so. I've been hunting low tide about a 100+ yards out. I get a hit and I'm thinking a ring by the sound of the tone. I look in the scoop and to my surprise I see what I think is a toasted dime. (Wrong) it's my first gold coin. Small in size. But incredibly real. The front has a Indian head princess with the United States Of America written on it and the back has some kind of design that I can't make out. I can't find one like it on line. So any of you who mite know I would appreciate any help. It's in really good shape except for a small ding on the edge. Not done by me. For those of you who has found a gold coin. I know how you feel. Those of you who have not. Don't give up! Happy and safe hunting to all of my brother and sister hunters! Thank you James

View attachment 1337187 View attachment 1337188

That's a $1 gold coin that was converted into a love token

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relic lover, I would be extremely happy to find a plain run of the mill gold coin myself, but a love token would be even more exciting.

UOTE=relic lover;5060594]Definitely Banner worthy in my opinion. I would definitely rather find a love token like that then a plain old run of the mill gold coin.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah really I have never found either but if I could choose which one I would find First Love token would definitely qualify as a supreme bucket Lister.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the find!!, gold/token/necklace... :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread