🥇 BANNER My First Gold Coin! Need help idenifining please!,

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I'm still shaking as I write this. I'll try and keep this short. I bought a new Whites PI about 3 months ago. The 1st month I found a old silver ring very deep. After that and a couple of weeks of trying to figure how it works. Nothing but junk and very little of that I may add. I started to regret buying it. Come to find out the coil was bad right out of the box. Whites replaced it and had me going. Thanks to there awesome service. I went out to my spot where there was and old hotel back in the 1700s or so. I've been hunting low tide about a 100+ yards out. I get a hit and I'm thinking a ring by the sound of the tone. I look in the scoop and to my surprise I see what I think is a toasted dime. (Wrong) it's my first gold coin. Small in size. But incredibly real. The front has a Indian head princess with the United States Of America written on it and the back has some kind of design that I can't make out. I can't find one like it on line. So any of you who mite know I would appreciate any help. It's in really good shape except for a small ding on the edge. Not done by me. For those of you who has found a gold coin. I know how you feel. Those of you who have not. Don't give up! Happy and safe hunting to all of my brother and sister hunters! Thank you James

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 81

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge congrats! Looking forward to having the same experience one of these days.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stellar find, congrats to you on tha love token and getting banner.

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner my friend! I know I'm just adding to the chorus but: Amazing find!! What a cool piece of history. Someone took some time to make that for someone they really cared about, now, all these years later, its in your hands. So cool.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I'm still shaking as I write this. I'll try and keep this short. I bought a new Whites PI about 3 months ago. The 1st month I found a old silver ring very deep. After that and a couple of weeks of trying to figure how it works. Nothing but junk and very little of that I may add. I started to regret buying it. Come to find out the coil was bad right out of the box. Whites replaced it and had me going. Thanks to there awesome service. I went out to my spot where there was and old hotel back in the 1700s or so. I've been hunting low tide about a 100+ yards out. I get a hit and I'm thinking a ring by the sound of the tone. I look in the scoop and to my surprise I see what I think is a toasted dime. (Wrong) it's my first gold coin. Small in size. But incredibly real. The front has a Indian head princess with the United States Of America written on it and the back has some kind of design that I can't make out. I can't find one like it on line. So any of you who mite know I would appreciate any help. It's in really good shape except for a small ding on the edge. Not done by me. For those of you who has found a gold coin. I know how you feel. Those of you who have not. Don't give up! Happy and safe hunting to all of my brother and sister hunters! Thank you James

View attachment 1337187 View attachment 1337188

MAN!!
2 of by "Gig in the Sky" or Bucket List finds in one ..(a love token & a Gold Coin ) WTG
Ill Keep looking for mine.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for sharing! I feel the engraving is quite well done and would suspect it might be some stylized initials, no matter as very nice engraving. Then a gold coin as well! That is a special fine indeed! Congratulations...........63bkpkr

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Congratz. Love-token making was a fad back at the time of the same era. Hence not someone's modern jewelry (like as if a coin mounted in a bezzle, that could have been lost yesterday, etc...). The practice was in vogue back in those times, contemporary with circulation. So in my opinion, those count as coins, not jewelry. You are now officially a stud-muffin! The hole-in-one holy grail find of all md'rs, is to find gold coins.

Last edited:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knocked two off the bucket list there. Gold coin and love token. Congrats on the banner.

OP
OP
J

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Thank you all! I'm so honored to be given a banner for this find. It's still so surreal to have found it. It's something I will cherish for a long long time. I hope each and everyone of you gets to find something like this. Once again! Thank you all. James

Paulito

Apr 9, 2014
Tuolumne County
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DUDE! Gold coin.... Rad!
Tiny United States $1 gold... WAY RAD!
Love token $1 gold... EPIC-est-RADness!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the banner. Awesome gold coin and a love token at that. :notworthy: You don't see them every day. Finds like that feed the fire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread