🥇 BANNER My First Gold Coin! Need help idenifining please!,

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I'm still shaking as I write this. I'll try and keep this short. I bought a new Whites PI about 3 months ago. The 1st month I found a old silver ring very deep. After that and a couple of weeks of trying to figure how it works. Nothing but junk and very little of that I may add. I started to regret buying it. Come to find out the coil was bad right out of the box. Whites replaced it and had me going. Thanks to there awesome service. I went out to my spot where there was and old hotel back in the 1700s or so. I've been hunting low tide about a 100+ yards out. I get a hit and I'm thinking a ring by the sound of the tone. I look in the scoop and to my surprise I see what I think is a toasted dime. (Wrong) it's my first gold coin. Small in size. But incredibly real. The front has a Indian head princess with the United States Of America written on it and the back has some kind of design that I can't make out. I can't find one like it on line. So any of you who mite know I would appreciate any help. It's in really good shape except for a small ding on the edge. Not done by me. For those of you who has found a gold coin. I know how you feel. Those of you who have not. Don't give up! Happy and safe hunting to all of my brother and sister hunters! Thank you James

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 81
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the gold love token coin. People sometimes cleaned (smoothed) out the reverse of a coin and added initials or words. :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you underestimate the magnitude of your find! A gold coin/token...that someone has personalized, that makes it much more special...great find! Ddf...

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm wow . Not much more to say

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ding on the edge was probably a jump ring that was soldered on, then broke off, like it was a necklace....
Great find!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Banner! Congratulations! :notworthy:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent find. If you rotate the first image 180 degrees you'll see the monogram,"MK" or possibly "MKC". :thumbsup:

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just beautiful, congratulations!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find ! :occasion14:------the $1.00 gold princess weighs 1.672 and the diameter is 13 mm , but the $3.00 gold princess looks pretty much the same on the obverse--the diff is weight and diameter $3.00 weight 5.015 g and diameter 20.50 mm---------I cant tell the size in your pictures --------congrads :icon_thumleft:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, that is a one of a kind solid gold historic relic! I vote banner! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great find. Being a love token is much better than a regular plain old gold coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread