ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FAKE!! My only gold ring today is a ring that says sterling top and 1/20 10K GF. LOL it had me fooled when I found it and tossed it into my goodie bag. Only after I got out and looked I knew something was wrong with it. All the religious medals are plated except for the real small one which is sterling.

The Captain Midnight decoder pin is in great shape. Just missing the gold plating. I kind of enjoyed that find.

So today I get a sterling bracelet with a chain, the top has a hat with the letters HI on it. Made in Detroit. I get a larger sterling bracelet also. A no date SLQ, a merc and two war nickels. An 1899 V and a no date buffalo. Nine wheat's oldest is 1917. A few more odds and ends but nothing super exciting.

On the way down to the dive I got a call about an I-phone that went swimming off a snail boat. I told them I would get it tonight. So I go to the marina and suit up. 5 minutes later the phone is in her hands and a 100.00 is in mine. Good enough for me.

Upvote 11
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting hunt, a bit of everything! The Captain Midnight decoder pin is a really fun find! :occasion14:

The five Jackson's rounded off a great time!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get paid to play, sweet!

When it rains it pours! So you got an SLQ too! And a V.

Thats a nice bunch of older goodies! Congrats!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
garyglitter.jpg

You just had to go and say the "G" word, didn't ya Scuba...congrats on another cool hunt and vacation money! Sub 8-)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain midnight Banner find!!! sweet!!! That's a lot of religious pendants I know people were not that religious back then or were they. I think of how people find so many buttons from different military eras those things fell off like leaves in the fall. Bad taylors back then??? seems that every hunt posted at an old war site has a button involved. Just thinkin out loud.. What is the weirdest thing you have found water detecting. I bet there are cars sunk maybe someone who drowned the body never found ect I like water detecting and want to learn to scuba probably why Ive been more curious about that kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing your finds with us. AS ALWAYS STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing super exciting? Brother, I'd dig in sand rock, on a hot day, with no water to find that decoder pin. Way to go Scuba!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:occasion14:...ya gotta love paid call outs.I dont get many but the reward money is"special cash"only spent for fun hunts.dig the decoder too !!well done sir.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done again!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome as always!
would be tickled pink with the Captain Midnight decoder
I found a different type one when I was 17 in an old park in 1980
sold it for like $100 back then - wish I still had it
but had to sell most of my stuff back then to pay for car,gas, insurance etc
keep up the fantastic finds :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it had a pic of him in it - would be cool if you can print out a copy and put in it to display - if you display stuff like that
10105931_3.jpg

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm old and couldn't remember Captin Midnight. Looked him up. Radio show from 1932 to 1949. I was born in 48, no wonder:laughing7:

I love all the oldies but your decoder pin is killer. Great finds! :notworthy: great pictures too!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of the reason for some of the religious medals is they may have done baptisms there or other religious water ceremony
I have a few old fresh water spots that myself and others found tons of them and were told spots were used by church in early 20th century

Captain midnight Banner find!!! sweet!!! That's a lot of religious pendants I know people were not that religious back then or were they. I think of how people find so many buttons from different military eras those things fell off like leaves in the fall. Bad taylors back then??? seems that every hunt posted at an old war site has a button involved. Just thinkin out loud.. What is the weirdest thing you have found water detecting. I bet there are cars sunk maybe someone who drowned the body never found ect I like water detecting and want to learn to scuba probably why Ive been more curious about that kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing your finds with us. AS ALWAYS STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread