I took a friend to the other lake, he found 1853 Seated Dime!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my buddy Bill, who has detected with me a hand full of times. We went to my other lake that I take my boat on. He uses my AT Pro, so today I told him to try and just keep going unless you hear something real good, coin wise, because this was his second time in the water. I figured out the first time he went he was banging the coil on the rocks so much he was getting a lot of false signals. So I had been coaching and tried to get him to cherry pick. I asked him which direction he wanted to hunt and I was going to head the other way. I ground balanced the AT Pro for him then I started firing up my Deus, I looked over and seen he was starting to scoop something. I was thinking, "man that was fast I hope he has a good target" I went over and said, " did you get a coin number? He said " yeah it says 80. I checked half assed and I seen 91 on my Deus. "It's a penny", I said "better dig that one". I then turned and started to head the other way. I heard him say "Brad, I think I found my first good find" . I turned around And he was a few steps away from me, but I could see that tell tale "gray of silver in the lake look". I told him that's silver Bill, what kind is it? He said I don't know. When he handed it to me and I looked I couldn't believe I was looking at a Seated, I got so excited I was yelling "Bill it's a Seated, it's a Seated!" He didn't even know what that was. We were high fiving and the whole time he thought I was just messing with him, lol. I had to explain to him that in the three years Iv'e been doing this that I had only found four coins that were Seated. I'm so happy he found it and it looks great, nice detail. Later on I found a 1952 licence plate and a cool flower tag, wait until you see my flower tag.
HH & GL
Brad

20160721_140434.jpg 20160721_141240.jpg 20160721_140507.jpg 20160721_140528.jpg 20160721_142929.jpg

Upvote 14

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Golden Shower Tag is really an attention getter, but would I swap the Seated Dime for it?? Nahhhh
Congrats to both of you

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet seated and an earlier one. Bet you didn't see that one coming.
You get an assist on this one, Congrats to both of you!!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... that's something else Brad. Hopefully Karma will hook you up next!

What a great dig! I've been doing this 2 years and still looking for my first one. That 1853 is lovely! Way to go!!!

treblehunter "It is a Dime, thanks"

Nice seated quarter!

Kidding, thanks for pointing that out. Not sure how I mixed that up.

Nice bust quarter trime dime.

I hope your friend bought you dinner;)

Nice golden shower pin

That...flower...tag :laughing7: epic lol congrats to your buddy of the seated

Great Seated!!

Congrats to you both

Thanks guys, sorry J Cache, just in case it mattered to you weather or not it was a dime or half dime. I found a Seated Half Dime last fall and posted it on facebook, one of my friends (a non- detectorist) kept kidding about it asking does that make it a nickle or is it a half dime? He a few months later seen an old nickle I posted and wanted to know if it was a half dime. Haaaaaaaaaa lol
My buddy would not know proper etiquette to buy me dinner, besides the fact that his wallet has not seen the outside of his pocket but only once or twice a week (not that I would even let him buy me anything) Too bad I didn't have a video, he was and still is clueless as to what he found, lol

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that tag should be on the Banner.
Only kidding moderators.
lol

That Golden Shower Tag is really an attention getter, but would I swap the Seated Dime for it?? Nahhhh
Congrats to both of you
Thanks

Sweet seated and an earlier one. Bet you didn't see that one coming.
You get an assist on this one, Congrats to both of you!!
Barbers were the oldest until this one, I have been since last summer thinking one or two might pop up in this lake, I have yet to go where he was and check up behind him. Once he found that I cleared from there and gave him some room, I went fifty yards away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread