gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I usually do a weekly report on gold and silver but had to post before. I went out tonight for an hour and found my first silver quarter. I was definatly pumped it was a 1929 standing. I also got a 1919 Canadian dime and two wheats 1929 d and the other one is still soaking in water until I can see date 191?. Thanks for checking it out. I will have to bug all of you later the area I am in is loaded with trashy targets but I know there is a lot of coins hiding in there I have a fisher gold bug is there a better detector that I can use do discriminate or identify coins with? Thanks IMG_0750.JPG

Upvote 12

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great couple of finds, and congrats on your first silver quarter. A Standing Liberty is a great first quarter to find. Its also a tougher coin because of the semi short series.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Finds! Yes, a metal detector with Discrimination operating at a lower frequency is better for coins. I use the Tesoro Vaquero with a 11" x 8" Double D coil.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For silver I have a deadly E-Trac. I think it is wonderful. Lots will have opinions.

Congrats on the SLQ and the wheat's. Probably is more hiding in the trash.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your SLQ and Canadian dime both coins have very good detail - I like the Fisher 19 in very heavy trashed out area because of it's superior separation kinda my go to machine - anyway thanks for your post & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. The other problem that IU am having in the area that I am searching is there is an electric fence and with the gold bug I can not get within a hundred feet of it or else I just can not detect between the trash and emi. . of course the main fairway back in the day is right along the fence so I have not been able to hit even close to it. but I know it is going to be good if I can figure out how to hit it. The Canadian dime was about ten feet from were I found the barber a few weeks ago. I got a picture of the other side of both coins
IMG_0751.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on recovering those great looking coins! :occasion14:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
For every electrical current there is a switch!

Find out who's in charge of the switch and ask permission to shut it off for a brief period of time.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! My first silver quarter was also a 1929 SLQ, I'll never forget it.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some nice coins. I've used the AT Pro for years and can pretty much tell you the coin type (copper, silver, zinc, nickel, etc) from the signal, but you mentioned trashy areas. In that case, you may have better luck separating the signals by using a smaller coil. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread