They say Washington never lied...but he told me a tall tale.

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Visiting family in another town. Drove by a city park where they appeared to be removing some pavement. There was an area of exposed dirt, maybe 100 square yards. I'm wondering if this could be metal detector paradise. Got out the pro and almost immediately got a solid signal. Out pops a silver Washington. Oh boy! This is going to be fun!
I spend the next two hours digging every Memorial, Zincoln, pull tab and screw top on the planet. :BangHead:

Whatsit 072116.jpg

Also found this ornate whatsit (can never find too many ornate whatsits). Wondering if it's a candle snubber, seems a bit small. Appears to have had a handle at one point. Rang up as a solid nickel but appears more like copper or brass.

Finds 072116.jpg

Today's finds...

1963-D Washington Quarter
1912 Wheatback

PBS

Upvote 10

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Fifty year age difference in those two coins.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to take advantage of some raw dirt. That quarter is as shiny as a baboon's hiney! Congrats, Sub 8-)

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feelin' your pain......often my first good signal is my best find of the day.......I have come to hate finding something really good in the first plug!! :BangHead:
Still, that Washington silver is a beaut and all that newly exposed dirt was too great a temptation to pass up...........
Oh, and the planet holds more pull tabs and screw caps than you think......I can show you the ones I found today!! :laughing7:

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice & shinny 63 silver quarter - wheatie & I agree with La Fur Trade a toy tea cup - anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the silver find! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the silver! I have had several hunts where the first hole is a silver coin... and the next 150 holes are zinc cents and trash! I always look back and think that I should have left after that first hole.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always wonder if someone doesn't see me coming and seed the area with one silver coin knowing Ill clean up all the trash around!!!!!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, a pewter tea cup, from a doll house set, came with the saucer etc.. circa 1890ish (but span many years)

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feelin' your pain......often my first good signal is my best find of the day.......I have come to hate finding something really good in the first plug!! :BangHead:
Still, that Washington silver is a beaut and all that newly exposed dirt was too great a temptation to pass up...........
Oh, and the planet holds more pull tabs and screw caps than you think......I can show you the ones I found today!! :laughing7:

Yeah, I probably didn't get all of them. I have some tendency to exaggerate after a trying outing.

PBS

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are 2 nice coins but how in the world did Zincolns end up under Blacktop??
Congrats

Concrete, not black top. And the concrete did not cover the entire area. Some of the dirt was simply scraped away for whatever project they were working on.

PBS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread