jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry For the Rude comments jz_ they should know better.
the Majority of Our Members are Good People.
You will find that Out !

No you don't need anything ebay related to earn Banner.

Here is info on Banners

[h=1]Banners & How they work[/h]

OP
OP
J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Non vale di provare a traddure per me. Sono romano ed e troppo difficile per me in inglese. Grazie. Ciao.

OP
OP
J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was not able to speak English until school as a boy. I learned Spanish in high school and then became fluent in Mexico. I suffered greatly from chronic homelessness after addiction. I am blessed today.... I have a wonderful home a new life. I still struggle greatly with socializing... Though I do not have mental health issues any longer...it is still very difficult to be multilingual!

OP
OP
J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me try once again. I drove from CA to NV and fpund calcite along the way.... None of which containwd gold. Though my detector was not as specific at the time. I returned to Northern Calufornia to check a slope. There is limonite exposed in sand and gravel. There is gold ore at the top. This is the first time I have found gold there. The specimen was atop the sand at the midpoint. It weighs less than one gram and is 22k. It is nearly three inches in length. Thanks for viewing my post. I plan to return next month to mine some of the limonite to check for a gold vein....sigh. Jon

OP
OP
J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a picture from near the summit of Mt. Blitzen. I was metal detecting in Tuscarora, Nevada last week before returning to Boston. Jon

Attachments

• 20160723_122853.jpg
    20160723_122853.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20160723_122859.jpg
    20160723_122859.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 80

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, what can I say? any opinions other than in harmony with yours being unwelcome. I suppose I have nothing more to say.
No banner vote from me. It appears to be a once in a lifetime find, however I need more info.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I was not able to speak English until school as a boy. I learned Spanish in high school and then became fluent in Mexico. I suffered greatly from chronic homelessness after addiction. I am blessed today.... I have a wonderful home a new life. I still struggle greatly with socializing... Though I do not have mental health issues any longer...it is still very difficult to be multilingual!

Let me try once again. I drove from CA to NV and fpund calcite along the way.... None of which containwd gold. Though my detector was not as specific at the time. I returned to Northern Calufornia to check a slope. There is limonite exposed in sand and gravel. There is gold ore at the top. This is the first time I have found gold there. The specimen was atop the sand at the midpoint. It weighs less than one gram and is 22k. It is nearly three inches in length. Thanks for viewing my post. I plan to return next month to mine some of the limonite to check for a gold vein....sigh. Jon

I'm truly sorry for all the troubles in your life. It's encouraging to see that you have made such tremendous progress. As for your English, you seem to write English better than many others - ESPECIALLY a friend of mine on another forum!! :laughing7: But then one thing in that last post also causes me to pause. You mention how this piece of gold is 3" long, has tested to 22K, yet weighs less than 1 gram, as well as how you unfolded it. I'm sorry, but that's it for me. Without MUCH more substantial photos/testing, I simply cannot accept that this is natural gold. Gold, even in its natural state, is one of the heaviest elements known to man. Also, while California is known for having had a huge amount of gold in the past (with lots more still out there), the native gold in CA is typically not as pure as native gold found in other states. It still weighs a lot(!!), but the more diluted gold is with other elements/minerals, the less likely it is to be so easily bendable. For the piece weighing less than a gram, it would almost have to be some sort of foil - even if it's 22K gold-plated foil.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to retire from this thread until such time as new and clearer photos may become available, as well as a little more info to help explain the multitude of strange-but-interesting questions surrounding this piece.

...For a little comparison, one of the newer cents (with the shield on the reverse) weighs 2.5 grams - lighter than the older 95%-copper cents, which could weigh in at up to 3.2 grams. Your piece of gold 3" long weighing less than a gram seems quite lightweight. And finally, when I compare the OP photo from this thread with the OP photo from your other thread, it "appears" that the outline shape of the piece has some small discrepancies. Maybe this is due to blurry images? ....Sorry Jon, I have to retire for a while.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the original intact plus another piece not mentioned

OP
OP
J

jza01701

Jun 17, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes. The original larger piece and the smaller piece originally attached to it before I handled it. The nitric acid did not affect it at all. The specimen is incredibly thin. The structure itself is quite maleable and very fragile. The limonite in the area likely also contains veinwork. When my father imported gold and emeralds from Colombia in the 1980's it is definitely comparable to what he would have referred to as "leaf" not "nugget". I am not as familiar with crystalline gold. It is indeed real. The gold ore at the top of the slope is originally why I had returned to look there. The limonite might contain vein structure and there me also be lode gold uphill. While weight and hardness can be easily defined, in my experience geology also often includes "morphology" or "instances" of easily defined gems and minerals in "less likely" forms or specimens. So, I agree that gold itself is a heavy object.... Though I have no idea how it is also geologically formed in a thin form thin object. If you could imagine gold hammerred into leaf, it is usually paper thin and incredibly light as an object made of a generally heavy substance. Meaning the substance is heavy but the object is not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions