Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My CTX has been gone for three weeks now and I got a little randy to hunt. So I bought a basic Deus. No frills.

I spent yesterday reading and learning, followed by a 1/2 hr field test.

Today I went to my 1671 Church. Pounded by me and some of my friends. I went straight for an iron infested area I never really bothered with since it overwhelmed my CTX. Nuff said, here are the results.
First target was a War Nickle - my first of the year.

Is that cud I see on it? I know nothing of coin errors...

Second (good target) was a V-nick, followed by a seated dime in decent shape and a barber in not-so-decent shape. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469578369.942405.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469578386.358020.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469578398.452050.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469578409.195963.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469578420.348225.jpg

Here's all the other stuff...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469578485.899352.jpg

I'm excited to see what else is in here. I believe the iron is a result of an 1859 addition, but maybe there's some colonial hiding in there yet. I'll figure it out on another day that it isn't 95 degrees...

I'm real happy with the deus for starts. Strangely I felt pretty comfortable. I didn't have a fancy program, just P2 or P3 at 12 KHz/ GB at 89/Sens at 90.

Could I have found all that in the trash pile with the CTX?
-maybe, but I doubt it.

Enjoy,

Stay hydrated

Steve

Upvote 20
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good looking coins Scrappy. WTG, Q.
Thx
The area I was in was a mixed grill. I pulled the barber and seated dime not 12' from one another. I'm surprised the seated looked so nice

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to see the Deus in action at one of my iron-y sites. You up for a road trip this winter?

lowcountry

Jan 30, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus is the best!!! After you have hunted it out again change your settings a little and then hunt it out again and again and again.........:)

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to see the Deus in action at one of my iron-y sites. You up for a road trip this winter?

Steve, if you head down, swing by my house on the way, dig a pit, and grab my remote and 11" coil. That'll really unlock the beast. :headbang:

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Steve, if you head down, swing by my house on the way, dig a pit, and grab my remote and 11" coil. That'll really unlock the beast. :headbang:

I'm up for a trip for sure. And I think what Brad is trying to say is "stop by and pick me up!" Lol

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm up for a trip for sure. And I think what Brad is trying to say is "stop by and pick me up!" Lol

hahaha. Naa... just get my gear and give it a spin! I think once you try the 11" (my favorite of the two coils) and the remote, you will upgrade from the Deus Lite. At the same time, you can work some iron with Joey.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God that seated dime is awesome. The Deus is amazing, my friend has one and it's a demon at seeing coins through the iron. It's also SUPER deep. You should try it at South Mountain if you know some iron infested areas. Good luck!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
God that seated dime is awesome. The Deus is amazing, my friend has one and it's a demon at seeing coins through the iron. It's also SUPER deep. You should try it at South Mountain if you know some iron infested areas. Good luck!

Thanks for looking and the tip. South Mountain area is a great place and full of history. However finding condensed colonial activity there is very limited. The finds are there, but I have numerous early sites that are much more condensed.

That said, if you're interested in exploring South Mountain, PM me and I'll give you the location of rock walls and probable sites where I've found some colonial items.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I have been thinking of getting a Deus to complement my CTX...I mean get one for my wife... for a while now.

Maybe she needs one for Xmas...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds Steve, you are getting me psyched for this upcoming week when I get my Deus back from The Hunter GT. That Deus really must have had great separation for you to pull those from that area. It rained a little with more in the forecast. I'll be swinging somewhere tomorrow, even if it's a down pour. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet finds Steve, you are getting me psyched for this upcoming week when I get my Deus back from The Hunter GT. That Deus really must have had great separation for you to pull those from that area. It rained a little with more in the forecast. I'll be swinging somewhere tomorrow, even if it's a down pour. :thumbsup:

Hey brother. Glad to hear you're amped up. You're always welcome East to any hunt, any time.

Good luck bro

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice silvers there. Love the seated. Congrats on the new machine and learning it fast.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Scrappy, great maiden voyage.
The seated is over the top. By p3, I assume you mean progam 3.
That is DEUS FAST and is an 18 hz Frequency.
With the remote, you can see readouts that will give you clear iron readings.
90 to 97 are usually good. A 98 will give you iron.
I think after your hunt, I'm going back to dig all those iron signals I passed up.
Congrats on a great hunt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Scrappy, great maiden voyage.
The seated is over the top. By p3, I assume you mean progam 3.
That is DEUS FAST and is an 18 hz Frequency.
With the remote, you can see readouts that will give you clear iron readings.
90 to 97 are usually good. A 98 will give you iron.
I think after your hunt, I'm going back to dig all those iron signals I passed up.
Congrats on a great hunt.

Thx for looking bro. It seems like everyone is pointing toward getting a remote. I love VDI read outs but those often get me in trouble. The beep-n-dig setup with this machine is why I've been finding so much since none of the signals have been clear on this site. I'll get a remote someday, when I have extra $$$

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Seated! Other find are great too. Not looking to start a debate here but I have to say the DEUS has been incredible for me. I own both CTX and DEUS they both have their places where they excel. I mostly use DEUS now except parks with a lot of modern aluminum trash and bottle caps. CTX works better for me in those places. Also if there is a lot of EMI interference CTX works better there with noise canceling. Go back to some of the spots you hunted with the CTX, the DEUS might surprise you with some more finds.

Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread