1st time finds, Beware nothing exotic... Lol

Hiball76

Jul 17, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett At gold, equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm somewhat embarrassed to show my 1st finds but after about a hour of searching my front yard and my neighbors here are my goodies. I left out all the bottle caps, pull tabs, aluminum can scraps, I figure you guys are probably digging enough of those on your own. I'm still pretty slow, been concentrating on pinpointing items and working with different setting on my At Gold. I found a couple pennies, one of them was a 1919 Wheat (extremely worn), 1981 penny, 1981 dime, a older die cast truck, I very pliable knife, I think it's a Boy Scout or camping knife. The last thing I found was the big round tag, I initially thought it was a coin, so I quickly closed up shop and ran in the house to run it under some water while I'm gently rubbed some dirt off. Once I got inside I realized it had a hanger on it... Well crap. After cleaning it up a little more I could clearly make out the stamping and it's a dog tag. I don't recognize the family name. It I'm going to do some research and maybe I can find the family, it only has a 4 digit phone number with a J after it, not sure if that dates it a bit of they simply didn't put the prefix on tag. Regardless... I can already tell how addicting this hobby is going to be, even without finding anything with significant monetary value, I cant wait till AM. I'll be heading out to the family farm tomorrow, checking some old 1 room school house locations and previous home stead locations on the family farm.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 23

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a small shovel that can be bought from Rural King for under 7 bucks, Lowe's and other stores sell them for under $10. I use a bent piece of thick gauge copper wire to hang it from the back of my pants when I swing the coil.

75matador315

Jul 28, 2016
victory,ny
Detector(s) used
whites coin master pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the tootsie toy truck you found i would live to find something like that as i collect diecast cars and actually repaint a few tootsietoys that have lots of paint loss like yours. fantastic job keep up the good work.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER AND NICE OLE FORD WRECKER ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread