First time out in over a year and found my best haul, right at home!

MightyMouse82

Jul 10, 2007
Manheim, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
(northern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania)

Having a toddler really impacts your hobby time. I haven't been out in over a year (haven't been on Tnet in probably 3 yrs) and was home doing yard work in the heat Sunday afternoon and decided to take a couple of swings in my yard. We moved to a home on 7.5 acres.....but the home was built in 1976. I checked the historical atlas maps for the County and there were no structures nearby prior to the home being built. As such, settled back in December but I had no real interest in detecting the property. I took a break from the yard work and grabbed my backup Ace 250 for some impromptu swings (my DFX of course wasn't charged). Ten minutes later....in my yard about about 50 yards from a small stream on my property I get my first target....it's an Indian Head penny. Only the second one I've ever found. 2 minutes later and a foot away I get another target....an 1890 Morgan Silver Dollar!!!! By far my best coin find ever. I sprinted to the house to show my wife and almost had a heart attack. Our 2 yr old was napping so she was excited and came out to watch. I proceeded to pull 4 more indian heads and a liberty nickel, all within a couple of feet of each other. So stoked and got bit by the bug again!

I've since been out detecting the yard every night after work...found one more pocket spill from the early 1970's but nothing else but pull tabs. I'll post again if I find anything else of interest.

Thanks for reading this long-winded post.

Attachments

• Morgan 2.jpg
    Morgan 2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Indian.JPG
    Indian.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 151
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 43

Top Member Reactions