BzyBee

Oct 29, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
ATpro's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An exciting hunt from last week. Took a friend
to the cabin site Ive been working on and we got into a hotspot that ended up giving a total of 14 coppers and a half real along with some good relics including scribed silver cuff link. The coppers gave us 3 firsts with a Vermont Copper, Liberty Cap thick planchet, and an Irish KG2. Everything was in a 6x10 area and very deep for the most part.
13725042_1749259092019356_3785403972153252064_o.jpg

Upvote 27

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on an amazing day. That would be hard to top!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an amazing concentration you guys got into. Congrats on the beautiful half real and the copper firsts.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not often a colonial hunt nets more coins than buttons, but you obviously made that happen. Outstanding finds!!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible hunt! That silver cufflink is awesome. 6x10 foot area... That's small enough to go back and excavate the whole section down to the clay layer. I bet there is more masked down there. Great job :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BzyBee

BzyBee

Oct 29, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
ATpro's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible hunt! That silver cufflink is awesome. 6x10 foot area... That's small enough to go back and excavate the whole section down to the clay layer. I bet there is more masked down there. Great job :thumbsup:

Indeed we had to remove the top 6" just to get a signal on most of those coins. ( That was initiated by John digging a duo of very deep coppers close together ) It was terribly exciting to clear a section and scan it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BzyBee

BzyBee

Oct 29, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
ATpro's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not often a colonial hunt nets more coins than buttons, but you obviously made that happen. Outstanding finds!!

Bill would you believe the totals at this site are to the tune of 46 copper/5 silver coins to about 70-80 buttons??! Its unreal, and we are digging the low numbers.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, Jim invited a couple of us, along with my sifter, to do just that this past Sunday. Unfortunately, the sifter didn't reveal much....other than some broken ceramic shards.

Attachments

• Sifter.jpg
    Sifter.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indeed we had to remove the top 6" just to get a signal on most of those coins. ( That was initiated by John digging a duo of very deep coppers close together ) It was terribly exciting to clear a section and scan it.

That must of been a blast! Nothing like clearing some dirt out and producing a sweet tone... gets the blood pumping. Looking forward to seeing what else turns up there. Sounds like a dream site.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill would you believe the totals at this site are to the tune of 46 copper/5 silver coins to about 70-80 buttons??! Its unreal, and we are digging the low numbers.

Man, that's a crazy ratio, but one that I'm sure you're not complaining about. Hope you can keep pulling stuff outta there.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's what I was thinking Brad. Dig and sift...

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a Killer Hunt!!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; you may have found where the Occupants stashed their cash. AWESOME finds. Congrats. PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one heck of a site. Are you sure it was just a cabin and not a tavern or something? How do you even track down a cabin site that old from what I assume was a hand-drawn old map?

OP
OP
BzyBee

BzyBee

Oct 29, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
ATpro's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one heck of a site. Are you sure it was just a cabin and not a tavern or something? How do you even track down a cabin site that old from what I assume was a hand-drawn old map?

Jeff - Indeed could have been some type of establishment. It was honestly a hunch based on the terrain and trace of an old wagon road in the area. I haven't seen the exact spot indicated on any of my maps, which would account for the virginity of the place. *POP!*:love5:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that is incredible. I do not recall seeing that many in one day.

Congrats on a spectacular hunt!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great results stripping 6 inches of soil .
Very interesting obverse side of the Vermon Auctori , that one could be worth $ ...
interested in seeing more stuff from that dream site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions