ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well folks I did it again. Another walker added to my collection today. And 5 more quarters. The only thing I found today that I haven't found here yet is a Cracker Jack Mystery Club token. I sure wasn't expecting another walker to be under my coil. I wonder how many more are out in the weeds? I believe there are a lot more dimes out there. They are just so small and buried in the muck that it is hard to detect them. I am moving the muck out of the area though. This really should be interesting once it is gone.

So today got me a 1943 walker, five Washington's, a merc and a rosey and a war nickel. Two silver rings and a silver pin. Five wheat's and the oldest is 1925. Two of that year actually.

I have been collecting the nails, nuts, and washers out there also. I am trying to rid the area of any beeps. That will take a few years I am sure. Not really anything off the wall today.

Tomorrow I am going to a private lake to look for a gold tennis bracelet. Wish me luck!

Upvote 22
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Here are my halves this year. First was on land. The other 13 have been swimming. One Barber, One Franklin and 12 walkers.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just ridiculous haha, 12 walkers already this year? And a semi key Barber? Amazing.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations once more. Would really love to see your hunts on video, but I know that would not work because of the clouds of silt and muck. Thank you for sharing your continuing saga with us. I look for your posts daily, going to miss them come winter.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet is this done in full SCUBA gear or are you going with a hookah setup?Or just snorkeling?Have been thinking of going deeper where I go but am not looking for full certification type of diving.Have a few friends who are certified but they live at the coast, I am inland.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sweet is this done in full SCUBA gear or are you going with a hookah setup?Or just snorkeling?Have been thinking of going deeper where I go but am not looking for full certification type of diving.Have a few friends who are certified but they live at the coast, I am inland.

Full scuba. I am between 7 and 8' deep. This spot has given up over 200 silvers so far this year. That is coins alone. I am thinking of a hookah. I don't know how much longer i can use tanks.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congratulations once more. Would really love to see your hunts on video, but I know that would not work because of the clouds of silt and muck. Thank you for sharing your continuing saga with us. I look for your posts daily, going to miss them come winter.

I have thought of a Gopro and I am still debating. Sure you will see nothing but you can see how I do things before the nothing. I will have an underwater drone next year. Maybe I can find someone that will play with it on land and film some of my adventure.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there are a lot more halfs out there -
I found 11 silver halves in salt water last year and was amazed cause a lot of the spots
I found them were hammered by others - (youre in a virgin spot)
most were down about 2 foot range - and I found that many probably in less hunts - I only had 41 water hunts last year
don't know how you use your CZ21s - I hunt in all metal and crank my sensitivity and go for the whispers- but it depends on how trashy
your spot is - I try and get it all out
that is an awesome spot - you are lucky ---wonder if there are other spots on the same lake for you that may produce too - after youre done with that one of course
and people don't realize - doing this while diving - is not that easy - I do - so I'm impressed even more than most - and jealous
ive never had a virgin spot in my life and ive been doin this long time - I'm always goin for left overs
Continued good luck
giphy.gif

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh - and on the lost item hunt tomorrow
med_662355227edf550dbc.gif

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm sure there are a lot more halfs out there -
I found 11 silver halves in salt water last year and was amazed cause a lot of the spots
I found them were hammered by others - (youre in a virgin spot)
most were down about 2 foot range - and I found that many probably in less hunts - I only had 41 water hunts last year
don't know how you use your CZ21s - I hunt in all metal and crank my sensitivity and go for the whispers- but it depends on how trashy
your spot is - I try and get it all out
that is an awesome spot - you are lucky ---wonder if there are other spots on the same lake for you that may produce too - after youre done with that one of course
and people don't realize - doing this while diving - is not that easy - I do - so I'm impressed even more than most - and jealous
ive never had a virgin spot in my life and ive been doin this long time - I'm always goin for left overs
Continued good luck
View attachment 1341713

I use my CZ with 0 discrimination. The nails in this place are TERRIBLE with a capital T. I will take a picture of all the nails, washers and bolts I have been digging BUT, I admit I have been ignoring a lot also. My sensitivity is at 5 - 6. It falses way too much if any higher.

I have been diving for 36 years. To me it is easy. I don't wear fins, crawl on the bottom, relax and dig targets. I don't care if I stir the muck so I can't see a thing. I am that comfortable. The only spooky things are is when a fish grabs your bootie and shakes your foot by your toes or when a fish slams into the side of you. No fish in the great lakes can harm you. However when you don't see it coming and don't expect it, you get startled.

My most halves in a year was 18. I might beat it this year just at this location. I do believe once the current takes the muck away, I will find a lot more dimes. Right now the halves, swim buckles and quarters are sounding off in my machines because of their size down deep. I have piled a lot of weeds. They are an invasive species and cover the bottom in a huge carpet. With them out of the way the current is moving the muck in this river. (Not a lake) That is why I am finding dimes later. I am hitting the places that the muck is leaving and getting the stragglers.

Thanks for the comments. I know it is hard if not impossible for a wader to find a virgin spot. I know I have an edge and I have known it for years. Last year I hit a lake that was absolutely void of signals in the shallow water. But that weekend we pulled 19 gold out of the water inaccessible to the waders. I have hit plenty of other places also.

Michigan has over 11 thousand lakes. I have hit less than 100 of them. I can't get it all here or in any other state!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I use my CZ with 0 discrimination. The nails in this place are TERRIBLE with a capital T. I will take a picture of all the nails, washers and bolts I have been digging BUT, I admit I have been ignoring a lot also. My sensitivity is at 5 - 6. It falses way too much if any higher.

I have been diving for 36 years. To me it is easy. I don't wear fins, crawl on the bottom, relax and dig targets. I don't care if I stir the muck so I can't see a thing. I am that comfortable. The only spooky things are is when a fish grabs your bootie and shakes your foot by your toes or when a fish slams into the side of you. No fish in the great lakes can harm you. However when you don't see it coming and don't expect it, you get startled.

My most halves in a year was 18. I might beat it this year just at this location. I do believe once the current takes the muck away, I will find a lot more dimes. Right now the halves, swim buckles and quarters are sounding off in my machines because of their size down deep. I have piled a lot of weeds. They are an invasive species and cover the bottom in a huge carpet. With them out of the way the current is moving the muck in this river. (Not a lake) That is why I am finding dimes later. I am hitting the places that the muck is leaving and getting the stragglers.

Thanks for the comments. I know it is hard if not impossible for a wader to find a virgin spot. I know I have an edge and I have known it for years. Last year I hit a lake that was absolutely void of signals in the shallow water. But that weekend we pulled 19 gold out of the water inaccessible to the waders. I have hit plenty of other places also.

Michigan has over 11 thousand lakes. I have hit less than 100 of them. I can't get it all here or in any other state!

Do you ever use a magnet for junk?

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome..!! :occasion14::notworthy: You should clean those using electrolysis.. very simple.. make those coins shine again... :icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are having a banner year with all those halves Scuba. I feel lucky to pull 5 a year and half of mine are normally clad.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, good luck finding the bracelet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread