2nd Silver half this yr.

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may not be the prettiest looking Walker but I'll take it. Found this near the barracks under a tree. First silver found around the any barracks. Ive mostly have been finding copper and an occasional wheatie. This is #39 silver FTY. It came in a strange 04-46, 03-46. I wonder if there is something wrong with my machine as it should come up 12-47/48.

Attachments

• IMG_20160730_112605.jpg
    IMG_20160730_112605.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73
Upvote 9

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try it now that it is out of the ground. I found my first one this year with my E-trac in an absolutely pounded area. I was digging nickel signals just to see if I could find something. I got a great nickel signal and dug. Right at the bottom of the plug was a walker. I scanned again and still got the nickel signal. About an inch under the walker was a flattened out piece of aluminum foil. It completely masked the walker. I was shocked! Nice score.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You throw thing out in front of my coil and she'd be the prettiest Walker ever!! Lol
Got a Franklin and a Barber but, no Walker. She's a beaut, Congrats!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that there is nothing wrong with your machine, the Walker is in your hand. There could have been situations like other metals in or near the coin, ground conditions, etc. Sometimes numbers will bounce and tones will be a little off, and thats why I dig almost everything. You just never know. Had you relied on your numbers only, that Walker would still be in the ground. Congrats on a beautiful coin.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmm....big silver...gotta love it! My only silver half is a 43 Walker, and on my ATP it rang up 91-92 and the tone was virtually music to my ears!! And it is the only item I've posted here...so far. I'd certainly take it as I'm in a horrible silver slump right now..Great find, ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread