Quick hunt this afternoon

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to take advantage of the cloudy afternoon and check out one of our fields that used to have a late 1800s homestead. I found 2 glass marbles, one clay marble, one round ball, part of a pipe stem, and a broken Indian artifact. This is the first pipe stem I've ever found even though it's broken. It seems pretty ornate. Thanks for reading and HH!
20160803_140937.jpg 20160803_214731.jpg 20160803_214721.jpg 20160803_214700.jpg 20160803_214630.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. Thanks for sharing.

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are really neat! So, is your field not planted? Our fields in TN are all planted now, I'm having to wait. So I'm MD the pastures, and they sure were hot today. We were lucky to be able to get out in the heat and still have fun. Glad to know somebody is taking care of the lost stuff in KY. Ima

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of marbles - clay pipe stem part and broken Indian artifact - anyway thank you for sharing your post and I wish you many more finds.

Texas ED

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are really neat! So, is your field not planted? Our fields in TN are all planted now, I'm having to wait. So I'm MD the pastures, and they sure were hot today. We were lucky to be able to get out in the heat and still have fun. Glad to know somebody is taking care of the lost stuff in KY. Ima
No this field we decided not to plant this year. The grass is sure trying to take over with all of the rain we've had, though! My husband plowed it recently. Any time after we have a good rain I go back out there. The dirt settles and more relics are exposed on the surface. It rained HARD last night so hoping I can find something else today. This is just my backup place to go when I don't have a lot of time. It's not too far from home. So you are in KY, too or just TN?

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hopefully you can stumble upon a beautiful arrowhead. Thanks for sharing. Marbles are always fun to collect.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa...that's an amazing collection of artifacts you've found! Especially by sight...like Scuba sez...there should be LOADS of arrow heads there, not to mention more Native American goods...Good luck! Looking forward to future posts KDQ...ddf

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great surface finds, congratulations. No one plows the rocky soil here in the Ozark plateau, so any surface finds are rare and treasured! Best of luck on your next walk. Sub 8-)

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in TN, but close to KY. Boy there must be some really good stuff in your ground. Here we find arrowheads, but not the other cool indian stuff. I am anxious to hit some sites on our place when the bushes and weeds die down a little. The woods here have had enough rain to still be like a jungle. I'm going to some of the wooded places just to get out of the sun. Have fun but keep drinking. Ima

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good luck in next hunt

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those marbles are beauties, love to find them, I only wish they would ring on my detector like metal does. :thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Nice surface hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread