New permission, very short hunt produces ??????????

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I was finishing up some work for one of the farmers in the area, and I asked him if he would mind if I did some metal detecting on his property. He said sure, no problem.:hello2:

From the research I've done, I have found the house on a 1939 aerial photo, so I know it was there then, but haven't been able to find out anymore.

Anyway, I figured he'd say yes, so I had my AT in the truck. (Windows were down, and parked in shade. Don't want to overheat the puppy!)

I was just going to do a fast sweep over a mound the size of a barn or structure. Lot of hits, lots of iron, other interesting signals.

Then a solid 52-53. I'm thinking maybe coin? So I dig, and once again the iron fooled me. Swear to god I checked the signal in multiple angles to the target, and it didn't change from 52-53.

Anyway, as I'm pulling it out of the ground, I'm thinking old bicycle sprocket. Then I get it out of the ground, and say no way, it's to thick. Maybe old sprocket from a motorcycle.

Have done some research, but have not found this one.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

DSCF1111.JPG DSCF1116.JPG DSCF1117.JPG DSCF1118.JPG

Upvote 3

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
By axis size can be from a grain-mill

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chain drive for a manure spreader maybe. 81E18B2B.gif

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread