First good find. Civil war bullet and nudie coin

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax and fisher f44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to detect after moving from Alaska and having a baby. I couldn't go out much with the new baby so I detected in my yard. Stir crazy.
In 45 mins I had found a civil war bullet!!! And a nudie coin! I don't know much about either item but that's the first worth while thing I've found since starting the hobby.
and if anyone can give me info on my finds it is appreciated.
Bullet was found a few inches down in my gravel driveway and coin was found in front of house 4-5 inches down.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    699.5 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    760.3 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    921.9 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    911.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    799.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Upvote 11

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many can say they found a civil war bullet in their yard? Cool! I would detect the whole yard and any surrounding property I could get permission to. Good luck!

OP
OP
peeboo

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of civil war activity right near my neighborhood according to some research so now I'm very excited to see if I can find anything else. Ahh the perks of moving back to Tennessee.

OP
OP
peeboo

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a very nice neighborhood anymore. Almost all properties near me are abandoned so that takes care of that ��
I would love to go knocking further down my neighborhood but it's a VERY scary place lol. There's also an old graveyard in my neighborhood with gravestones from 1800s. Someone buried there was born in mid 1700s. So wish it wasn't so scary around here. Maybe I could find and bring a big scary hunting buddy!

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those coins back in the 1990's. I also found the male version which I tossed in the nearest garbage can.

OP
OP
peeboo

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. The male version would be a rarity. If I found that, all the better lol!

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a similar token to that earlier this year. Neat finds!!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the coin is called a heads or tails coin. The bullet looks like a Confederate Gardner. That's a great find!!

HH RN

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to detect after moving from Alaska and having a baby. I couldn't go out much with the new baby so I detected in my yard. Stir crazy.
In 45 mins I had found a civil war bullet!!! And a nudie coin! I don't know much about either item but that's the first worth while thing I've found since starting the hobby.
and if anyone can give me info on my finds it is appreciated.
Bullet was found a few inches down in my gravel driveway and coin was found in front of house 4-5 inches down.
Thanks for looking!
Your coin is called a "flipper token" for obvious reasons. These days they just use whatever coin they have in their pockets. You call it - Heads or Tails. They were popular back in the day.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a very nice neighborhood anymore. Almost all properties near me are abandoned so that takes care of that í*½í¸€
I would love to go knocking further down my neighborhood but it's a VERY scary place lol. There's also an old graveyard in my neighborhood with gravestones from 1800s. Someone buried there was born in mid 1700s. So wish it wasn't so scary around here. Maybe I could find and bring a big scary hunting buddy!

You should get a CCW.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing what we find in our own yard sometimes. When I moved to Virginia, one of my first finds was an 1864 two cent piece in my own back yard. A fews day later, I dug up a dandy button! Looks like you've definitely landed in a promising area, and hopefully you will soon find a fellow metal detectorist that can partner with you. Congrats on some cool finds and good luck going forward!

OP
OP
peeboo

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get a CCW.

i have my ccw. good point. just havent carried it since living in fayetteville nc. prob need to refresh my skills.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Found the same deal (slightly different) in Memorial Park a few years ago here in Houston...

Apr06_7.jpg

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could we get a bigger picture of the coin?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That CW bullet is killer! That is really sweet to find something like that in your yard. WOW.

Relic Nut knows his CW lead, Confederate Gardner... very well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread