Found a "U.S" Embossed Pocket Knife Today. Military Issue? WWII? WWI? Any Ideas?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a "U.S" Embossed Pocket Knife Today. Military Issue? WWII? WWI? Any Ideas?

Found a crusty pocket knife in the woods today. It's 3" long and only 1/4" thick. Looked like the outer wooden handles were rotted off, so I just stuffed it my pocket and didn't really check it out. But when I got home and cleaned it up, I realized it was a very thin knife with "U.S." embossed on the sides. It also has stars going around the outer edges of the sides. Is this some sort of military issue knife? Could be a cool find or maybe it's just junk. Any input would be appreciated.

DSC05923.JPG DSC05922.JPG

Upvote 17

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Google this...
Camullis folding knife marked US

Very close... great find...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stolen picture from BladeForums

View attachment 1352523

I second the don't try to open it remark. I didn't try to open mine but it did fall apart rather easy after handling it a bit. Do we know who the maker of these was?
The U*S mark is the trademark for Edward Barnes & Sons, first mentioned in reply 92 then again in reply 113 above with photo.

Google this...
Camullis folding knife marked US

Very close... great find...
The Camillus was mentioned previously. It is the folder that was actually issued by the military starting in WW2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions