More treasures from the silver coin hoard field!

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

So some of you may remember my recent thread that i started about my coin spill/hoard of George iii sixpences and shilling.

Well the day later i popped back to the field eager to try and get a few more if there was any left. I knew that i needed to change the settings on my Minelab safari if i was going to stand any chance of doing so as i had already got all the original signals. So with this in mind i decided to take the sensitivity out of auto and crank it up to full power and i also raised the threshold slightly to hear and weak, deep signals.
This worked a treat and i managed to winkle another two George iii sixpences out of the same hole from a good depth.

Along with them i also found a good amount of pre-decimal coins ranging from Queen Victoria right through to modern day Elizabeth.

About 10 minutes before i planned to go home i got a belting signal which was so crisp and clean, I instantly thought it was going to be another silver coin. I dug down to over a foot deep through two big tree roots and after about 5 minutes of prizing the find out of the ground and through the roots i had a large silver drinking vessel of some sorts in my hand. There is some inscription on it albeit in a different language which i need to decipher but i can make out the inscribed date of 1856 ! this is quite literally the field of dreams for me and i cannot wait to go back.

thanks for reading.

here is the video link
https://youtu.be/JzqLl2m5l8M

and here is a picture of the two coins and jug!
IMG_0333.JPG

Upvote 10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread