Need Help!!!! Ring found potential to be historic???

Sharkbait956

Greenie
Sep 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help shed some light on my recent find while snorkeling with a metal detector in the BVI. I have found several Spanish Cobbs in this same location because it was a pirate hotspot back in the day... My last find was a 1654 Barcelona Abrite(sp)

Today's ring is unknown material, has crosses all around...

For starters I am well aware that this is potentially a $5 ring from a gas station! However, the location I found it along with my previous finds in the same location some dating back to 1654 leads me to ask questions! Another reason is that the crosses are not uniformed which makes me believe it was hand made... As well as the style of the crosses more commonly used in older things... Please help shed some light on the situation

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Upvote 16

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sharkbait956; Question: Have you had it checked yet?? Also do you see either Numbers (925) or HallMarks anywhere on that ring. If it says .925 it is a lousy modern knockoff. If HallMarks then you may be in the Luck. PLEASE answer this because We are dying to know ok. The suspense is killing us. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread