Anyone Ever Find One Of These?

TOWcritter

When I was a little kid I dug this up in the back yard. There was an area up near the fence that must have bee a trash pit or, now that I think about it, a cache location! I also dug up an old hand bell. I always thought it was gold. I can't find the bell, but I did find the bracelet in a box of old stuff. Well, has anyone ever seen one of these?

Attachments

• P3120336 (Small).JPG
    P3120336 (Small).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 618
  • P3120338 (Small).JPG
    P3120338 (Small).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never seen one , but it looks realy cool

J

Jim Cal

Towcritter, Very cool find indeed! I have never seen anything like that. Jim Cal

C

Carl in CO

With all those places for stash, it looks like something that would be found hunting the Woodstock concert site.

M

mrmark55

Looks like a find for the Antiques Roadshow Crew! Very Cool.

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Showed the picture to my mother. She said it looks like what ladies used to put a kind of solid perfume or lip color or makeup into. Before there were compacts and modern era lipsticks. When they needed a new "coat" they'd pop it open and dab it on. But she said they'd usually have just one compartment on the bracelet or on a chain around their neck. So maybe it was someones collection of them that they put on one chain.
Not 100% sure about the identification but she says she has an old ring that was for the same purpose.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
I also showed this to my mother because I can remember my grandma having something like it. My grandma's was different and not that fancy but she did have a bracelet that had different compartments. It held different pills that she had to take throughout the day. This way she could keep them with her and not have to mess with the pill bottles while she was out. Just a guess about yours. It's really cool!!!

M

minelabex1000

It could be some sort of religious item. That's a wild guess.

It's probably something very simple and practical. Anyway, it's sure interesting.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That bracelet is beautiful. When I got my detector I thought I would be just interested in old coins, but after seeing all the great jewelry on this site, I'm looking forward to finding some old jewelry.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
That's really neat, maybe a little snuff bracelet when it wasn't cool to see a woman smoke. Just a guess.

Stoney,

"Snuff" wasn't made for smoking!

It was "snorted" via your nose!

That looks like a "Locket Ring" of some sort to me!
Very cool find for sure!

HH and keep posting more!

Lonewolfe

M

minelabex1000

As for jewelry that opens up, in ancient times they had rings that were used to carry poison. They'd open them up and spike the punch, so ta speak.

OP
OP
TOWcritter

TOWcritter

Found one on Ebay for sale and it included the history.

Ceila Robbins China Overseas Inc.
( I wonder if that could be Robbins Diamonds?! )

Anyway, I Googled "poison Bracelet" and pulled it up. Very interesting reading.

Thanks for all the replies. Take a look at the pics on Ebay (11 of them!)

R

rvbvetter

Great find!! Huh....poison. Shoot i was thinking maybe for herbs and spices to ward off evil spirits. Oh well. Very nice peice!

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's gorgeous! I saw a real poison ring at an antique shop and it was 800 dollars. This one had the poison contained under a blue stone and the wearer had to smash the ring to get to the poison. I guess no one wanted to ruin it or they thought the poisonee would have noticed the stone shards. Anyway, I wish it was in my paws right now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread