They Just Keep Finding Their Way Under My Coil!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well another surprise today. I bet everyone can guess what it is. Yep another walker. This place is insane!! I keep finding big silver because it sets my machine off pretty far down in the muck. Those pesky little dimes are very hard to find at the present time. No complaints here. My first older Zippo from this place. All my other lighters have been cheaper.

So another walker from the gravel, A no date SLQ, three Washington's and a merc. Six wheat's and three newer Jefferson's. Two silver rings and a silver cross. Three brass religious medals and another Detroit Police button. Ok who knows the significance of a cow ring? Couldn't find the chicken ring. Any clues?

After I got out and put my stuff away, I saw a missed call on my phone. Called him back. He lost a window to his boat in his slip. Easy work! It was on my way home so I told him I would meet him there at 7pm. Took me a whole bit of 5 minutes to find the window and bring it up. Another 75.00 for my troubles.

I will hate to see this season end. This is the best silver year I have had in a very long time.

Last edited:
Upvote 29

RedCardHack

Oct 2, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another super hunt Dave along with some easy money. :occasion14: Man you sure do get paid a lot for your troubles every season and hunt some amazing sites.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew it was another Walker when I read the title.
Yes. You are definitely having a Super Silver Season.
That was an Excellent day.
Congratulations

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on yet another fine day. Love it when you find items like the cow ring. So many possibilities. Strange, so many PD buttons out in deeper water. Thank you for sharing once again.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
WOW! Really like the medal with the anchor on it. Did you say what that was?

It is heavy and broken off something. NO clue as to what it was. It looks like it opened on the side. I was thinking that it had a cast hinge on it.

Congrats on another super hunt Dave along with some easy money. :occasion14: Man you sure do get paid a lot for your troubles every season and hunt some amazing sites.

DAVE? LOL I get called Scuba Steve by kids at beaches but Dave is a new one!! Lets stay with Robert or Bob! I got a good laugh though. Boaters have money. A bot slip costs anywhere from 1500.00 - 4000.00 here for the 4 months. They use the slip and their boat as a tax write off for a second home. I let them decide what it is worth to them also. Last week I got 40.00 for finding a drowned I-phone. I didn't post that.

I knew it was another Walker when I read the title.
Yes. You are definitely having a Super Silver Season.
That was an Excellent day.
Congratulations

I will say this is probably the second or third best year I have ever had with silver. This is the very first year I have counted though. My best year with walkers was 18. I now have 17. Thanks

Congratulations on yet another fine day. Love it when you find items like the cow ring. So many possibilities. Strange, so many PD buttons out in deeper water. Thank you for sharing once again.

There was a huge "H" shaped dock at this beach. My only thought is officers used to do foot patrol on it. Being Detroit, and having room for over 6 thousand people at a time, I am guessing the police were there plenty of days! And if they fought with swimmers on the dock, well buttons would tend to fly. That cow ring and the chicken ring sure are strange!

Last edited:

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. I've been enjoying looking on TNET everyday to see if you went and what you found. It's become an obsession. When the season is over I'm gonna have to reach some acceptance lol. Can't imagine what it will be like for you to not be able to go. Those northern winters make it a little tougher on water hunters. Congrats on another day of great finds. By the way, do you collect and keep up with the history of Zippo lighters? I was curious when I saw the one you found. I read some interesting information one time regarding Zippo collecting.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Awesome finds. I've been enjoying looking on TNET everyday to see if you went and what you found. It's become an obsession. When the season is over I'm gonna have to reach some acceptance lol. Can't imagine what it will be like for you to not be able to go. Those northern winters make it a little tougher on water hunters. Congrats on another day of great finds. By the way, do you collect and keep up with the history of Zippo lighters? I was curious when I saw the one you found. I read some interesting information one time regarding Zippo collecting.

Yes, soon I will be back to dirt fishing with my E-Trac. Sad day putting away my boats and my scuba gear. This winter I might do something different though. I just might load up my Avalanche and head to Florida to plunder a little bit.

I have found over 100 underwater Zippo's. I keep some of the older ones and ones from companies. However, I mostly sell them at a garage sale when I have one. I have a Ford, an Oldsmobile, a military and one that is in a sterling case from Siam. Those are the only ones I have ever kept.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might go for a LOT of "walks", but you're the king of the "Walkers"!

Keep up the good work!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Zippos! It's been a long time since I read the article but I read a good one about the ages and slight design changes Zippo has made over the years that allow you to be able to date them better. I'll see if I can find that particular article and pass it on to you if you're interested. I was surprised to see the value of some of the first Zippos made. Thanks for sharing.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome summer full of awesome finds!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14955t-and-motiv.jpg

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Awesome day!! You better find something that'll keep you super busy when that lake ices over. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread