Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no eye deer why no other digger got this one. living in the iron down about 10" at a part of the 25 acres that's giving prizes every day. the pics are after a light rub with brillo to remove the nasties and taken in bad light. will update tomorrow with daylight photos. looks to be a large date variety IMG_3657.JPG IMG_3658.JPG now for the other amazing find---still, no eye deer why this was there---about 15" down and 50 yards from the LC---the photos will leave you puzzled, as in WTF is this:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: IMG_3659.JPG IMG_3660.JPG IMG_3661.JPG ya' give up:dontknow:care for a light:laughing7::laughing7:yup, it's a lighter IMG_3662.JPG this has GOT to be collectible. a special note to all who use the ATPro>>>>>>>>hit the sensitivity + button and run wide open from now until you croak. there are REAL targets so deep they will give only a tiny burp until you hover like a drone and finally lock on with a reading you can barely pinpoint. this method is producing winners most diggers will ignore thinking a nail or other crap. time to cuddle with my Classy Lady from 1812:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Upvote 14

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find! Not a rare date, but the condition is great considering the ****ty copper used in the planchets of classic head coppers. This one held up very nicely

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds Rich! I hope one day to find a large cent with nice detail. I've found three and they're pretty much smooth discs. Keep pounding that place. No telling what you'll find there. Can't wait to see what you find in the woods in that other spot this fall.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1812 is a great date, excellent for a history buff's collection as it corresponds to the War of 1812! Old Hickory himself may have once owned that coin! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I accept the compliment from a master digger :--)
Great find! Not a rare date, but the condition is great considering the ****ty copper used in the planchets of classic head coppers. This one held up very nicely

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, Jay. I will offer the coin to the owner of your "stolen fruit stand" house. he was our host for his yard dig and a collector of LC's.
Excellent finds Rich! I hope one day to find a large cent with nice detail. I've found three and they're pretty much smooth discs. Keep pounding that place. No telling what you'll find there. Can't wait to see what you find in the woods in that other spot this fall.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had a whole lighter (but nearly) from a coin but a few bits, they are a common WWII trench 'art' piece.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the finds. Great job of going deep for the good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread