Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting today on the old plantation up in the woods not far from where I live. I had to beat my way through all the underbrush just to get to an area where I could swing the detector. It was an old Turpentine plantation with apple orchards. As it sits, many new trees had sprung up over time and it's become something of a forest again. There's an area I want to get to that I've been before where they had moved all the big quartz boulders off to one side along an old fence line and there's an old bottle dump there as well. Here's what I found today while MDing in the forest. It was really hot and humid in there so I only played around for about an hour. Anyway, I first found a broken horse shoe. Then what appears to be an old knife as it has the blood groove but is so very pitted it's hard to tell. Otherwise it may be an old rasp, or part of a broken Sword or sword bayonet maybe? I then found an old shotgun base about 8" down in hard clay. I thought it was a coin at first but...., I'm thinking old. Lastly I found an old modern bullet at about 6". This old cork bottle was just barely sticking out with only a little of the bottom edge showing. It's not all terribly exciting but it's the first stuff I've found in a while and the first from my AT Pro. I'm going back there tomorrow so stay tuned....
Thanks, and yes I filled all my holes...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Upvote 13
OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slaves Grave

According to the elderly land owners around here, supposedly there's this old plantation slave's grave up on the ridge of my land. I've never detected it but I did today just to listen after of course paying my respects. You can just barely make out a shallow depression along the fence line. There's also a "headstone of sorts" made from a tallish stone embedded in the earth. It's filled with many years of leaf falls. It was a learning experience MDing next to the fence and gate further down with effects to the ATP from the fence interference. Here's another picture of the shotgun base too.

Not sure why the pictures are all horizontal.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds good luck on the next hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a slight possibility that the blade part is actually part of a broken sword or sword bayonet?

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That blade looks like a straight razor. Congrats on getting out and good luck in the future. Looks like a promising site.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That blade looks like a straight razor. Congrats on getting out and good luck in the future. Looks like a promising site.

I was going to say straight razor, but it looked a little long. Granted I am not a razor expert. One look at my beard would be enough to explain it.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not too shabby for a first time to swing your AT Pro. You sound like you have pretty good instincts for reading the lay of the land and what used to be there. Good luck today.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I too am going with straight razor also. Electrolysis might clean the blade enough for a better ID.

Good to see a fellow NC hunter out there and enjoying the hobby. Best of luck to you sir!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The gold is coming - Good luck with the new machine! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread