First Time out and my adventure

BleeperNooby

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time learning how to use my Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. I was very impressed with it but it took me a while to figure out how to set the sensitivity and discrimination. But once I got it all figure out it wasn't too bad and was rather boring with no hits after I got the settings zeroed in. I video documented my first time out here is the video if you would like to see how it went.

Thanks
BleeperNooby

Upvote 1

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet and the hobby.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great machine. With a little patience and research etc the finds will come. I set about making a test garden today only to discover that the area I picked is not only littered with junk metal but was also a bit of a pet cemetery. On to the next lol. If you don't have one already, invest in a pinpointer with this machine esp if you have the DD coil. Even if you have to start out with a $16 Harbor Freight model (Cen-Tech). I have one as a back up and tweaked it out to two inches, so not too bad for the investment.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome. I advise everyone with a new detector to put a few new coins of each denomination on top of the ground and wave the machine over them about 6" above to listen to the sounds they make. That gives you a good idea of what to listen to. You pulled out some trash that hopefully you can discriminate out in the future. You got a pull tab which you should never discriminate out but the rest should be history.

Congrats on your machine and hope to see some coins soon!

OP
OP
B

BleeperNooby

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have a hunt planned for Sunday along a watershed that should be a good spot for detecting and arrowhead hunting. I will post what I find.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net. Keep on posting. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions