ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went back out to ye old beach today. Made two dives. First dive I snagged a 1949 class ring from Rosary High School. Newest class ring I have found there. I found a few lipstick tubes and the quarter and decided to make another dive. Went back out to the same spot , moved muck around and got more high tone whispers. Dug and dug. Buckles and then BAM. I pulled out another half. I put it in my bag and HOPED it would be a Barber or a Franklin. I didn't think this site wanted to see me getting another walker! Well I got out and sure enough. Walker #18 for the year. Half #20. Tied my record for the most walkers. I know everybody groan!

The walker, a Washington, a merc, and a rosey were my silver coin finds. A large sterling religious medal and sterling cross were the other silver finds. A no date buffalo and 3 wheat's, a new quarter and 6 houses and a aluminum religious medal. The watch is a waterproof Bulova with water inside. I wonder if that is a warranty issue? LOL
Ring is 4.23 grams of 10K.

The toy gun looks like the barrel blew up. Bottle looked older so I saved it. I was digging in the muck for a target and felt it. Can opener and other things.

I really can't wait to get that muck out of there. With all the halves, and quarters, that place must be loaded with dimes.

Upvote 33

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again, awesome finds! I keep meaning to ask you and you may have answered this before and I missed it but are you allowed to use a dredge in the area you're working? If so it seems like you could put a dredge on that muck and rake in the goodies for sure.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds, you are in a good site

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Once again, awesome finds! I keep meaning to ask you and you may have answered this before and I missed it but are you allowed to use a dredge in the area you're working? If so it seems like you could put a dredge on that muck and rake in the goodies for sure.

Dredges are not legal in Michigan. With all the state police and state conservation officers out there, I would be toast!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grow some gills, ya' may need to live down there just to get the rest. if only I could swim______________GREAT SALVAGE!!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs on that spot. Reminds me of Treblehunter pulling halfs out of lake last year on an almost daily basis. From time to time you just find that spot that just keeps giving.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another score of silver! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks to be a great site, there's just got to be more i that Muck. :thumbsup:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScubaMan,,
Can you use a scooter? ? There are so many on sale on Ebay. I know it can be used to blow out sand. I wonder how effective it would be on muck. Probably cloud up the entire lake.
Congrats on yet another sweet hunt.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a banner year. I wish that was possible. There are still a couple of months left before the season ends. Keep scoring those goodies.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congratulations on a banner year. I wish that was possible. There are still a couple of months left before the season ends. Keep scoring those goodies.

Not that long for diving. Water is getting colder and I only use a 5 mil suit. I think I have a few weeks at best. Then wading which is not possible there and back to dirt fishing.

Season is closing and I hope the winter will move some of the muck out of there. Time will tell.

Thanks all for the replies. This has been a fantastic year for silver for me.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ScubaMan,,
Can you use a scooter? ? There are so many on sale on Ebay. I know it can be used to blow out sand. I wonder how effective it would be on muck. Probably cloud up the entire lake.
Congrats on yet another sweet hunt.

Yep and I have one. If this muck was light it would work. This muck is paste. When I dig in it the suction sometimes makes it hard to pull my hand out of it. The best I could do is move tons and tons of weeds so nothing is keeping the muck there when the current goes through it. This is a river, not a lake. I do have that advantage, even though the current isn't real strong.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONCE AGAIN - CONGRATS ON A SUCESSFUL HUNT
awesome.gif ...IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO MAKE SOME SORT OF "MAILBOX" TO GO OVER A SMALL BOAT ENGINE AND BLOW SECTIONS OF THAT MUCK OUT - I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD FLOAT EVEN A SMALL TROLLING MOTOR AND TAKE SOME STOVE PIPE AND DO SOMETHING TOO
OR A POWER WASHER ? AND JUST TRY AND CLEAR A SECTION AT A TIME ???

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE A BEACH THAT WOULD BE A GOLD MINE OUT DEEP - BUT ONCE YOU HIT DROP OFF - ITS ABOUT 2 FEET OF GREEN OOZE MUCK
I WISH I COULD FIND A WAY TO GET DOWN TO THE SAND/DIRT THERE - THERE WAS A RAFT OUT IN LIKE 20 FT OF WATER THAT WAS USED FOR LIKE
60 YRS - I TRIED TO GET OUT USING MY HOOKAH YRS AGO - I STEPPED IN ONE SPOT AND WENT UP TO MY WAIST IN MUCK AND OOZE - WAS NOT ABLE TO SWING - WAS HAPPY JUST TO GET MY FEET BACK ON SOLID GROUND

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on a short trip with me...
If a person could develop a contraption that would be able to harvest all the muck, weeds, paste and algae yet exhaust clean water back into our lakes, rivers, tributaries, etc. Then convert all this organic material to bio-diesel, fertilizer, pig food, etc....all the while being mindful of the fish and critters that may be spawning and not doing the process at those times. I think a person could strike it rich not even concerning the treasure that lies beneath. The argument to the environmentalists would be that fish and other critters much prefer to spawn and forage in sand and pebbles rather than muck. Also to lower possible impact, this could be done in different sections at different times. There is no question that this material just continues to build up over time. This Dr Seuss vacuum type "hooka-muck-zooka" could be the win win solution for everyone. Oh...I know, funding, research and development, blah blah blah. Well, let it be known...you heard it here first.

And hey....in the meantime perhaps renting/hiring a couple hundred of these would work?
95bc22e7f0fd63bbbc78ccd1745a6edd.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread