By far my coolest non-coin find! Right in my backyard...

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detected the good ol' backyard today. I though I'd pulled all the metal in the ground out of here, but I guess I was wrong! It's a Michigan resident deer hunting license from 1931! Apparently they used to be buttons, and NOT paper like they are today. I'm just surprised it's in such good shape, I'd have thought after 85 years of being in the ground it would be completely unrecognizable, but I guess not. Boo ya!

hunting license.jpg

Upvote 41

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice backyard find, you never know what's lurking there!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detected the good ol' backyard today. I though I'd pulled all the metal in the ground out of here, but I guess I was wrong! It's a Michigan resident deer hunting license from 1931! Apparently they used to be buttons, and NOT paper like they are today. I'm just surprised it's in such good shape, I'd have thought after 85 years of being in the ground it would be completely unrecognizable, but I guess not. Boo ya!

View attachment 1352009

Cool find in great condition.
But I'm not sure why you would assume it was lost for 85 years? Have you had that yard all that time?
(at least with a dated coin you can judge its wear)

OP
OP
Zukovsky

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt anyone would keep a hunting license longer than one deer season. I sure don't!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt anyone would keep a hunting license longer than one deer season. I sure don't!

OK, maybe I'm sad I've keep all my fishing licences (many years worth) & they are just paper. But what you say makes sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread