Back to the old church

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been working all week and haven't had time to even be on here much. Finally got out this morning for about 2 hours. I returned to my hunted out church hoping to find something someone may have missed. I had been there about an hour and was running out of areas to search. I started heading back to the truck. The flies were biting terrible and I hadn't found anything but a 1977 penny. I got about 2-3 feet in front of my truck and got a hit. I was pretty sure it might be a dime as it was ringing up on the AT Pro 81-82. It was 6 inches deep. As I began to dig, a hoard of unhappy ants devoured my hands. Apparently whatever was in there was in the middle of their nest. I dug up a metal bottle cap but I knew that wasn't what my signal was. I checked the hole again and still had a signal deeper in the ground. I dug some more and out came a penny. Lol. I was hoping it would at least be a dime. Anyway, I noticed the penny was green and the date potentially old. I went over to the truck and washed it off with some water. I was a little happier when I discovered that this penny was a 1939 Wheat cent. My oldest Wheat to date. I finally took a picture of the actual hole and coin today. I usually keep my phone in the car. 20160827_114508.jpg 20160827_114533.jpg
It's becoming a trend for me to get a good find on the.way back to the truck. Maybe I should START looking there first instead? Haha. Anyway, I found 2 quarters, 4 pennies and 2 dimes. That's it. At least I was rewarded with one decent coin for the hour drive to the church. Lol. Thanks for looking and HH. 20160827_154133.jpg 20160827_154152.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHEATIES BREAKFAST OF CHAMPS ...

Top Member Reactions