Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big haul today, I wasn't out long due to the heat and humidity plus a thunder storm was rolling in. I did get many hits all over the place but decided I'd come back later to dig everything. Of course this little Champion Paper company sign sounded to good to pass up right at 83 in standard coins with iron audio on and disc set at 32. It was about two inches down with and old nail right on top an inch above it. It's a very trashy spot. I'm really enjoying having the ability to discern what I'm looking at with both audio and digital readout on my AT Pro. The poison ivy was mostly everywhere too, so fall is looking like a better time to dig in many places at the old plantation, but I'll still look around up there in the more "open" areas.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    999.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 5

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100....I've used my ATP a little over 2 seasons now, and I still learn new things about it almost every hunt..those Schlitz cans are pretty old, we're there any other cans there? Back in the 70's, beer can hunting/collecting was pretty big, and we would scour the countrysides for them. Once in a blue moon, we would score an old "cone top" can, as that would be the equivalent of finding silver today, lol...thx 100, cool post, keep swinging that ATP...ddf

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice sign. Great area you have there. Have you tried to get permission to hunt either of the old Episcopal churches in Asheville. The people at St. Mary's are very nice. I forget the name of the other but it is one of the oldest black churches in western North Carolina, also very nice people.

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sign. Great area you have there. Have you tried to get permission to hunt either of the old Episcopal churches in Asheville. The people at St. Mary's are very nice. I forget the name of the other but it is one of the oldest black churches in western North Carolina, also very nice people.

That's a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread