Not a coin spill, but it still counts as a spill! LOL!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing thrilling today, but I did find a spill. Unfortunately, it was just a horse tack spill! Four buckles, a couple of straps, horseshoe and some mystery items all in one spot. Pretty cool to find the straps with the leather still attached. I rarely find any horse tack with even a small piece of leather intact. Not a bad day...

horse tack dirty.JPG horse tack clean.JPG

Upvote 7

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Cool find Tim. If you find 3 more horseshoes in that spot, I would say at some time back it is likely there was the remains of a horse attached to that horse tack. :laughing7:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all that horse tack in one area, I was thinking the same as Jeff H.
There may also be parts of a uniform, including buttons, Belt and Sword Plates, etc., that once belonged to the rider of that horse.
Congratulations

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find Tim. If you find 3 more horseshoes in that spot, I would say at some time back it is likely there was the remains of a horse attached to that horse tack

I'm a horse grave robber! Mr. Ed is rolling over in his grave because I took his stuff! LOL! Guess I'm going to have to bring a shovel next time I go there and do some serious digging! Really don't want to find bones, but there could be some other cool stuff, like rosettes and stirrups buried with him. Sorry, Mr. Ed, but I want your stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions