Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ten days ago I visited a park that I had hit 2 years ago with the AT PRO. This time, I was using the DEUS. In addition to 30 clad coins, I dug 6 deep Wheat Pennies. They were around an eight inch depth. Well, I mentioned that someone may have Cherry Picked that hill and left behind the Wheat. Boy,, there was a lot of feed back behind that comment. Today I packed up the E-Trac and headed back to that hill. I have had the good fortune of pulling Mercury Dimes on one way signals with the E-Trac. Those silver dimes were an average of 7 to 9 inches deep. In most cases I found the dimes to be sharing the hole with an iron nail or some other piece of iron. A partial mask that the E-Trac was able to see through. I just wanted to see if maybe this hill might have some silver that the E-Trac could sniff out.
I gave it 2 1/2 hours and listened to anything chirping under a slow swing. Although I did manage to find some more clad, there were no deep targets, no additional Wheat pennies, and absolutely no silver. Now before anyone jumps on those results, let me say that I am aware of the fact that there may still be some silver hiding there. The fact that the soil was pretty dry may also be keeping me from finding my desired target. Maybe in a year or two after some freezing winters and wet springs I will approach from just the right angle with the right machine and ask that question,,, How Did I Miss That??
I moved on to another hill and added a few more clad coins to today's totals. After 5 1/2 hours of trying to hunt mostly shaded areas, I surrendered to the fact that I felt like I was wearing my wet suit. The Temps had hit 85 and it was Humid. Yep, good to get in a little dirt fishing, but it was time to quit. I'm okay with 50 coins.

IMG_4835.JPG IMG_4832.JPG

IMG_4834.JPG IMG_4833.JPG

Upvote 19

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I like seeing nickels!

One doesn't need water to catch fish where walking catfish exist. :laughing7:

Good hunting. :thumb_up:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can't play with my E-Trac until I get too cold underwater. You found some nice clad there. Congrats.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! Keep working that area. :occasion14:

I bet there is silver hiding. With this very dry soil and shifting VID's due to depth, ground conditions...etc it will be tough to locate. IMHO, digging the "off" signals may yield some interesting results. This evening, I dug a 1938 Mercury dime on edge, at 8 inches, in very dry soil. The VID and TID were way off, shifting towards iron, but lower on the conductivity scale on a wide open Explorer SE Pro. Thinking "outside of the box" usually produces many keepers, at least for me.

GL & HH

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a good hunt. I see you added to your car collection too. Got a windowsill full of those. How do they come up on your e-trac? On an atpro they come up quarters.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of clad (50) coins - toy cars & other finds - congrats to you - thank you for sharing your post with us & I wish you lots more while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad for a hot humid day ATW. Its hard to even want to hunt in the humidity, but I figure I only get out once a week, and I wont find anything sitting around the house.

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a good hunt. I see you added to your car collection too. Got a windowsill full of those. How do they come up on your e-trac? On an atpro they come up quarters.

Yep,, the cars come in just like quarters

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting