NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first couple of hours - started out kind of crappy
I had found a few older clads (some real thin)and got a deep crusty wheat and hit a collection area full of can parts and older pulltabs
was almost gonna leave but paid my admission - so figured i'd finish the ride
Glad I did. Came upon a rocky area - lots rocks reading off in all metal. Checked each one. Then got a high tone down deep.
Did not sound that great...suppose because of the rocks...was shocked when I shook my scoop and saw yellow amongst the rocks -
turn out to be a 14k Benchmark band. I worked around the rocks some more and only got a few other deep coins. This beach has changed over
the years - deep spot I used to get old silver coins in was filled - other open sandy areas now have huge seagrass beds. I went into a spot that used to have deep thick seagrass and it was now gone - so area I was never able to hit much before now. Got a few deep nickels...ground here was 2 kinds of muck - some was mucky with deep clumps of seagrass that was almost like peat and it would come up like a coffee can plug and would not sift - I would have to break apart with my hands - slow working. Then in same area there was a grey muck that was like glue but would not sift either but once broken apart would. Then some readings were below these mucks and then it was like digging in a cobblestone street...lots of rocks...not fun.
I got a positive faint reading and scooped down over a foot - as I raised my scoop - I could see dead seagrass plug and in it I saw a glint of gold. Reach in and pluck out
22k hallmarked band ...oh yeah!
by the hallmark...it looks like its from 1906
Got another nice good hit a few feet away. Dug down deep and once again started to raise it up. As I did, I saw large black disc sticking to the muck a the top of my scoop
- silver half. I found a good spot finally. Little ways away - got a crusted silver dime. Then started getting other older items - ended up getting 3 old silver religious medals.
I pulled up a lead soldier that I wish was complete. He is wearing a gas mask so think he is WW I. Have not seen any like him before - would have been a nice bonus if intact - he will still find a spot in one of my displays. Ended the hunt with a buffalo. Tide was high by now and I had little area to hunt - people were on top of me - plus I was bushed and burnt, but day turned out pretty good after the way it started.
thumbsup.gif

Upvote 25

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good day for you would be my best day of the summer. Congrats Casper-2, you rock!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold , WW1 Doughboy is cool

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's what he looked like
manoil-barclay-m93-62-soldier-gas_1_c9aa63aaebce0b8b05f04b34f3455f73.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's seems like a lot of work I'm sure it is but you go above and beyond and as you should be are rewarded for it I admire that I have done some river hunting its much different lots of rocks and false signals practice practice practice. Good job!!!Thanks for sharing STAY SAFE!!!!!!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the cz21 will pick up the rocks in all metal - but I just have to click to check in id mode - most will go silent or if they contain iron - they will read off low tone - which on my machine is bad signal
(where with Excal - they want the low ones) - so I know to move on - that ring went off high - so know to diggem:thumbsup:

That's seems like a lot of work I'm sure it is but you go above and beyond and as you should be are rewarded for it I admire that I have done some river hunting its much different lots of rocks and false signals practice practice practice. Good job!!!Thanks for sharing STAY SAFE!!!!!!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always a good day when you come away with 2 gold rings! Congratulations with a mighty fine hunt!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You found the exact same items on two hunts! Amazed!

I now believe in ghosts. :notworthy: :tongue3:

Zachbl92

Nov 8, 2015
Quinton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro, Teknetics G2+, Garret AT pinpointer, deteknix xpointer, gray ghost originals
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two gold rings? Plus some coins and a nice relic. Great day for sure. Best of luck next time you're out.
Gl & hh
Zach

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Hats off to you, Casper. Thanks for posting!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your "pretty good day" would have been a "pretty Awesome day" for me. It's taken me all year so far to find two golds and here you have two in one hunt. Not to mention the silvers and that cool lead soldier.
A Big Congrats!!

GTB

Jul 21, 2016
Cape Coral,Fl
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You rock the beach again. Can't wait for tomorrows finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread