Gold ring with ICE... park find next to a tree.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I know of a ditch along a 10 mile stretch of road near Naples, Fl that contains a 65k platinum diamond wedding ring. It took me a few minutes to register what happened and note a mile marker. Imagine the trash/reward ratio on that one!

Great score on your ring!

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must know the secret hotspots to find rings, Skippy. Great job. Nice ring!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Since having visited many other cities around here, and experiencing the same things there (no quarters, but gold still around), I inclined to think there might be more gold around than people realize. It helps though, to actually be FINDING gold regularly.

I totally agree. People wear their bling on land all the time and some rarely take it off. I'd wager more bling is lost on land vs water, it's just not as concentrated and predictable. But there certainly are places on land where it tends to concentrate somewhat, as you obviously know.

And the "hunted out" places can be the best because many, many people stay in the easier high conductive range.

And as far as I know the ring was insured.

Last edited:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Skippy, that is a very nice gold! Very pretty! I can't bring myself to selling any of my finds....I set them in cases and make notes of location, terrain, depth, vdi, etc and place the note with each case. It is absolutely wonderful to pull them out, open them up and see 'em all together just as I found them. Also, it gives me the ability to keep my ear tuned for anybody that has lost a ring or other piece that I may have found. In fact, I may have a return coming up soon on a ring that I already have found. It is exactly the shape/style that the person described, but does not have the hallmark that the person says it it supposed to have. Will have an update on that in "beach and shallow water" later. Do you sell all your finds? I think of my finds as a rainy day reserve of sorts....so far no rainy days:tongue3:

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skippy, wow...what a NICE ring! I have asked you before...regarding the fine art of sniffing the gold out, and you took the time to reply with a lengthy, informative reply, and again, I thank you for that. I am fortunate, as there are not many detectorists in my area, at least not many that I've seen. But...you mentioned in this thread that you did know what signals were DEFINITELY not gold, and were safe to pass on. I must admit...after digging solid trash for 45 minutes, I get frustrated/bored and move on to higher signals. I'm hoping that others here have the same experiences...lol. But Skippy, I do know that SCRATCHY, jumpy signals 46 to mid-sixties produce nothing but trash. I thank you in advance for your time and consideration...ddf

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. Congratulations on a great day. So many get bummed that they don't find rings or a large volume of anything. It's all about population, past and present, how many people utilize an area and what they are doing there.

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.. It would seem that there are a lot of break-ups in your area.. people firing their rings everywhere is an indication of that ! 190 rings in one year is crazy..

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not much story. Newly married couple fighting while driving. In a rage she rolls the window down and yells "F U" (florida university for the kids) and tossed it out. I was in the back seat w/headphones on to bear witness to the stupidity...and ring tossing aside, she was a very petty, stupid woman before that. Emotionally unstable in a bad way.

I've often thought about locating it. Even if it took a few months it may be worth it. Then reality kicks in to remind me that miles of SW Florida ditch complete with mosquitos, poisonous spiders, poisonous snakes, and gators would make for a difficult nerve-racking hunt with no guarentee of success.

Unless the road was expanded I'm certain it's still out there.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much story. Newly married couple fighting while driving. In a rage she rolls the window down and yells "F U" (florida university for the kids) and tossed it out. I was in the back seat w/headphones on to bear witness to the stupidity...and ring tossing aside, she was a very petty, stupid woman before that. Emotionally unstable in a bad way.

I've often thought about locating it. Even if it took a few months it may be worth it. Then reality kicks in to remind me that miles of SW Florida ditch complete with mosquitos, poisonous spiders, poisonous snakes, and gators would make for a difficult nerve-racking hunt with no guarentee of success.

Unless the road was expanded I'm certain it's still out there.

Tones, oh does that story bring back memories..not necessarily good...as my parents would occasionally brew up a big one, resulting in FU's (Florida University)...lol..mom was only 5'5" but born and raised in Scotland, (read FEISTY)..and gave it right back..but getting to the point, the end result was the ceremonial "throwing of the rings"...and then as a young lad, I was always recruited to fetch them back..I was small enough to get behind the sofa, down the registers...but the worst was the OUTSIDE search, usually out in or under the big blue spruce pines, and that was the worst, as the cats pooped in the pine needles..lol..boy I sure could've used my Pro Pointer then! Idk Tones, maybe save that venture for a retirement project? Slap on a hi-viz vest, hardhat, and swing away! I could only imagine the amount of trash to be found! Cool story, thx for sharing! Ddf

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh how we ATPro users HATE the odds of a 48 VDI. 99.9999999999995 percent of the time it is CARP! Then that little gold ring sneaks in there! Big time congrats on the gold with ice, you are killing it on the rings out of the dirt. I'm trying, I have about 120 so far this year...Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread