Gold ring with ICE... park find next to a tree.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring!! I can dig those 40 and 50 hits all day and it's always can slaw and pull tabs.
Congrats on 17 golds so far!! I'm at two. Lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Gold & diamonds that is really awesome!

The gold/diamond combo eludes me so far, i can't quite seem to get it together. :banghead:

But i'm happy for ya!!!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's about my average, too. 40-50 canslaws, folded gum wrappers, and pull tabs in a few hours of hunting... and about every 2-3 weeks one of these will pop up. With roughly 15 hours of hunting a week, that comes to about 40-60 hours per gold... It's the same average I've had since I started, btw... Odd that... Of course, that's a pretty wide margin of time, and I do target and focus on finding rings...

My gold count would definitely go up if I had a little more patience. Lol I give you credit for sticking with it.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
beautiful ring! Plus it's refreshing to see a realistic valuation on diamonds. Usually you hear, "those diamonds are monstrous, must be worth at least $75,000,000!!??$$#@. Congrats bud, you can retire!!"

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
Skippy - I have to ask - might it not help to say clean the rings up - replace a missing stone then list them for auction at Ebay with a much higher reserve than what the scrap melters are offering?

I just thought their Jewellery value might be a lot higher than what scrap merchants will offer. Here scrap gold is typically 10% of spot price on the day.

I have to think that likely the scrappers are re - selling those diamonds back into the jewellery trade for higher margins than what they are paying you?.

Or

You save them up for a while and have a REALLY nice larger ring designed and made with ALL the diamonds in it, and sell off the bands and settings as scrap to get the $ to pay to have the ring designed / made then sell it again online auction?

This is just me trying to rationalize a better return for al the outlay of equipment and time!

Thoughts?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, dang nice ring Skippy. You can be proud of that one fore sure. :thumbsup:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ring Skippy!

You dig so many pretty nice junk jewelry items along the way. Found six pieces yesterday, not worth a hoot but keepers anyway. I thought last year about getting a table at the local farmers market and sell those tungsten, mood, or whatever rings and jewelry at a max of $5 a piece. The table is $60 a year, March to November. I also looked into etsy. Not there yet anyway.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya on that!
Its just finding the combo on that for me, its my white whale....for now.
Gold, i love gold, the more the better!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1536374iko7yr08du.gif

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic ring recovery! Congratualtions on putting up some impressive ring find numbers! :notworthy:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, That's a insane ring count!! And one stunning 14k!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions