2nd Hunt Of The New Soccer Field

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Went back for the 2nd time to the new soccer field time this morning. I decided to give it an all out and knock out the other half of the field. Allmost bit off more than I could chew. The field is so new that the grass is not even trampled down. It was one of those mornings where even pull tabs were something to dig. The targets were FAR and FEW between. I started to give up when I got a strong signal and pulled out a Kennedy half dollar, my first for the year. A few million swings later I was ready to give up again when I got another signal and pulled out a Susan B. Anthony dollar, also a first of the year. Along with a games token, a Canadian penny, a little bit of clad, and a few other odds and ends, it was really a long hard hunt. This is going to be one of those fields where there are just certain places that have been in use for any amount of time, and I know where my next search will be.

Attachments

• SOCCER FIELD 4.jpg
    SOCCER FIELD 4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 431
  • 2nd Hunt.JPG
    2nd Hunt.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nice job working the parks...also got a couple surprises today to save the hunt I see....which surprised you more the Kennedy half or the Susan B.??? ???

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
The Kennedy half was the biggest suprise.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've just now started hitting the soccer field's at the local high school,kinda shyed away because of the better find's elsewhere....Tell you the truth....I'm sticking with the soccer field's for now,way better find's.....Good Luck!! and HH!!

R

RUDY2003

Hey piggy, no rings yet? If they are there, you'll find em....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the bigger clad, have to take what the fields give you!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
piggman1 said:
The Kennedy half was the biggest suprise.

I found a Kennedy last year and it surprised the crap out of me too! Nice find! :)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, amazing how much stamina you have

HH
-GC

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think, with digging those two coins, you found $1.50. I would much rather dig two holes and have that, than dig 150 holes worth of pennies! :D And too...I haven't dug a dollar coin yet. :P :D

Congrats!~ Nana :)

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
I really enjoy following your hunts piggman...I like trying to guess where you're gonna hunt next...Congrats on the half...and the SBA...I firmly believe people didn't lose those ugly coins, they threw 'em away...good luck on the next part...

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bummer about the lack of finds but man, you're amazing. You cover a lot of ground in your hunts. Better luck on return buddy.

Smiles!
BDoo

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to cover it buddy. Sorry it isn't as productive as the last field. Just keep the memory of the other field alive in your mind when you start to get depressed. Good luck Piggman!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to hang in there...Every time I get discouraged about swinging that thing and the sweat is dripping off my nose I remember what my dad always said. It only takes a place as big around as your finger to hide a diamond ring. And he sure did find a bunch of them. Now just keep on keepin on. You are a real trooper!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I like your style!

Congrats on pushing foreword. That's how you do it!

Ridley

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds---It is always a treat to find a one dollar coin.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Hey Piggman
Glad to see your hanging in there. Even the worst of the 'Ol Soccer fields seem to be paying off for you. Like the man said, a buck fifty in two holes is a lot better then 150 holes worth a penny a piece. HH

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions