Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Low Country dig with P@tch planned for Saturday but due to the Weather we decided we will go in few weeks. It only rained about 3inches instead of the 7-10 they called for so I asked this 30something year old kid if he wanted to go. He bought an AtPro a few months ago and had never been relic hunting so he jumped at the chance. I really wanted him to find somethings as I like to see people that have never found much to feel that feeling you get when you find something special. We headed out on our 3.5 hour drive and got to the site at 8am by 845 I had dug a few buttons a buckle and out pops this 1852 Servant Slave Tag. I send off a few pics to fellow relic hunters and sit back and watch Jason for a while. He's like a a kid at Christmas digging a thimble and buttons but he seemed more excited about digging a roundball than anything. I found my first Slave Tag in January and this one 8 months later and it does look like a baby compared to my first one. But the excitement is still huge.Still cleaning Tag as it's a slow process
0904161825~2.jpg 0904161836b~2.jpg
0903160853b.jpg 0903162137.jpg

Attachments

• 0904161825b.jpg
    0904161825b.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 57
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting piece of history! Congrats on an outstanding find!
Thanks man.
Finding one in a lifetime is huge, but TWO? Congrats on the find and banner - well deserved!
Tommy yes finding the first one in January was totally unreal but finding this one was a complete but welcomed shock. Just goes to prove you just never know until you pull it out of the ground. Thanks

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Allen, you did it again!!:notworthy:

way to go on another great find and another BANNER!!!!!

Thanks Darrin. Yep get the boat ready I'm coming down or going to Germany.:laughing7:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on another nice one. You are building a nice tag collection there. wtg

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on another nice one. You are building a nice tag collection there. wtg

Thanks DI. Yeah just think I only have 63 more different years to find to have a complete 1800-1865 set. I've got to get busy.:laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clear some of your PMs out, your at the max limit.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge congratulations! !
When I was in the service I put in for Charleston AFB several times with dreams of those tags being dug. Wish I had that type of history here where I live.

ScaredOfClowns

Apr 21, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett ProPointer, Garrett ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an INCREDIBLE find - big congrats! Those are amazing pieces of history.

I see that the tags are numbered - is it possible to trace the number to a specific individual or family?

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an INCREDIBLE find - big congrats! Those are amazing pieces of history.

I see that the tags are numbered - is it possible to trace the number to a specific individual or family?
Thank You SOC unfortunately those records were destroyed after the Civil War so unless private family journals exsist(never heard of any) I don't think is a possibility but it would be neat for those that would like to be able to track down ancestors to be able to do so.
Huge congratulations! !
When I was in the service I put in for Charleston AFB several times with dreams of those tags being dug. Wish I had that type of history here where I live. Thanks for your post

Thanks Birdman Yes Jon/VMIDigger and Stef45 are both tnet members and stationed at Charleston AFB. I'm sure you have seen them post. Both have found some nice relics. Please don't tell them I said that I try to make Jon not notice he has single handed lowered the elevation of Charleston by a foot by pulling out all his Rev relics.

Last edited:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible and noteworthy BANNER find! :notworthy:

penniesmine

Jan 17, 2010
Low Country
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC/ Fisher F-75 Special Edittion LTD Black Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14492574_1335079296504582_3814298473693967158_n.jpg These are my FAB 4.. The crusty one was dug over a year ago in the swamp and the other 3 where dug this year. ITS ALL WAYS A HAPPY DAY WHEN YOU DIG THESE.. HH

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible and noteworthy BANNER find! :notworthy:
Thanks
View attachment 1375246 These are my FAB 4.. The crusty one was dug over a year ago in the swamp and the other 3 where dug this year. ITS ALL WAYS A HAPPY DAY WHEN YOU DIG THESE.. HH
3 in a year is Great Congratulations. Yes I agree it is a Happy Day to dig one. When I found my first one it really didn't hit me for a few minutes. But when I dug my second one I knew exactly what I dug even with it caked in black LC dirt. Now that the weather is cooling down I'll be coming back down about every weekend. Don't dig them all before I get back down.

Brasco

Greenie
Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't imagine what it would be like to hold that piece of history in my hand.
Congratulations on the banner.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner!
Solemn discovery though.
Thanks I really think it's amazing piece of history
I couldn't imagine what it would be like to hold that piece of history in my hand.
Congratulations on the banner.

It's Amazing to hold one. I just gave this one to a guy I've never meet personally but think he will really Cherish it.

Last edited:

Brasco

Greenie
Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I really think it's amazing piece of history

It's Amazing to hold one. I just gave this one to a guy I've never meet personally but think he will really Cherish it.

You gave it to someone you never met? Wow!
You must be rich? Or he must be special?

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gave it to someone you never met? Wow!
You must be rich? Or he must be special?

Actually I'm far from rich but giving it to him meant more to me than the $$ I could have sold it for. And from his reaction after he received it I know I gave it to the right person. As far as him being special as you called it well as I said I've never meet him in person but we are all special in certain ways aren't we?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread