May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I spent a couple hours digging at the site I dug the solid silver shoe buckle on Monday http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...l-shoe-buckle-paste-stones-amazing-relic.html. This site has been detected pretty hard over the years so the targets are getting pretty scarce but if you work it hard it still gives up some nice finds.

I had a really sharp 82 on my T2 and it was pretty shallow so I wasn't expecting much when I dug a 3 inch plug in the sandy soil. Checked the hole and it was in the plug. Pull out what looked like a flattened brass ring but after closer inspection noticed it was wider on the ends with pin hole in it and it had a silver tone to it. I quickly realized that it was a knee buckle and not just any buckle it is a solid silver knee buckle. After digging the silver shoe buckle on Monday I couldn't believe it - it totally made my day.

I also eyeballed a piece of flint for a flintlock in a hole that I dug a rusty nail from. Always wanted to find a flint and glad that I can mark it off the list.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man now you're just showing off! These people must have been wealthy! Congrats on the flint as well man. I want a silver buckle badly. You're finding 2 a week lol. Hey bud we recently started a North American colonial forum under Artifacts forum. These finds will fit in nicely. They won't get a million views but the people seeing them will really appreciate them. I'd love to see some of your better finds from the past as well

OP
OP
screwynewy

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys for the comments. I was wondering if anyone else felt like it was as good of a find as I did. I realize that colonial relics don't appeal to a lot of diggers so I understand if people don't get it. In 5 years of digging its only my 4th knee buckle so it being silver makes it even more special. You just don't see a lot of silver from the colonial period.

OP
OP
screwynewy

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey man now you're just showing off! These people must have been wealthy! Congrats on the flint as well man. I want a silver buckle badly. You're finding 2 a week lol. Hey bud we recently started a North American colonial forum under Artifacts forum. These finds will fit in nicely. They won't get a million views but the people seeing them will really appreciate them. I'd love to see some of your better finds from the past as well

It's only showing off if you like what you see :laughing7:. Yeah, I'm over the moon about these two silver buckles. Glad there are some people on the forum that appreciate this stuff as much as I do. I'll definitely post over on the new colonial forum as long as I don't get my wrist slapped for making the same post in multiple forums.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent knee buckle. With all that bling around, those dopes surely dropped some loot. Silver loot;)

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a killer knee buckle, I'd be thrilled with digging that too. Congrats man, you're on a buckle roll!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your finds I love the pics and the history of these and silver also sweet!!!!

OP
OP
screwynewy

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent knee buckle. With all that bling around, those dopes surely dropped some loot. Silver loot;)

I've been hoping the same thing. This site was a plantation in the mid 1700's and likely had wealthy owners and guest. I'm sure that some nice coins have been pulled out of the site over the years but I'm not complaining with my two silver buckles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread