Flat Buttons Galore! 1683 Property - Massachusetts

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Buttons Galore--fronts.JPG
    Buttons Galore--fronts.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 163
  • Buttons Galore--backs.JPG
    Buttons Galore--backs.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 13

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you, Iron! Still holding out for a GW button, too! All buttons are welcome. Hehehee. -L&J
QUOTE=Iron Patch;5119079]Don't hope for the same, hope for something different! Often times it just seems like a numbers game so if you guys can keep digging them you very well might see another great early military button pop out. The condition of pewter is excellent so chances are it would be a real winner all the way around.
[/QUOTE]

Your 5th MASS is much rarer than a GW, so it is very possible!

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh wow! ��

Your 5th MASS is much rarer than a GW, so it is very possible![/QUOTE]

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

It's not even close.[/QUOTE]

What about 4 GW's in one hunt?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of buttons, looks like a great hunt!

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iron...do you thing we should get the 5th Mass appraised and insured? I mean...if it's that rare...maybe? -L&J

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron...do you thing we should get the 5th Mass appraised and insured? I mean...if it's that rare...maybe? -L&J

I would be more worried about preserving it as it dries out.

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Crusader. We're worried about that too--going to do the Elmer's Glue treatment. -L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Crusader. We're worried about that too--going to do the Elmer's Glue treatment. -L&J

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's a small world. Since you posted I was talking to the person who provided the number you were given.. $800-$1,000 and can tell you he's one of the top buyers in the country and if he said that number, it's what he believes it's worth.

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to get confirmation of that. G was a very nice guy--informative too. Thanks! -L&J
QUOTE=Iron Patch;5120189]It's a small world. Since you posted I was talking to the person who provided the number you were given.. $800-$1,000 and can tell you he's one of the top buyers in the country and if he said that number, it's what he believes it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to get confirmation of that. G was a very nice guy--informative too. Thanks! -L&J
QUOTE=Iron Patch;5120189]It's a small world. Since you posted I was talking to the person who provided the number you were given.. $800-$1,000 and can tell you he's one of the top buyers in the country and if he said that number, it's what he believes it's worth.
[/QUOTE]

He usually pays the most too, just hard to find something he doesn't already have.

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And by the way, iron, you're not so bad yourself, taking the time to inquire about our button. What a guy. Thanks a lot! -L&J
QUOTE=Iron Patch;5120199][/QUOTE]

He usually pays the most too, just hard to find something he doesn't already have.[/QUOTE]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And by the way, iron, you're not so bad yourself, taking the time to inquire about our button. What a guy. Thanks a lot! -L&J
QUOTE=Iron Patch;5120199]

He usually pays the most too, just hard to find something he doesn't already have.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I was talking about something else with him, and brought it up.

And again, much rarer... not rarer than all GW buttons, but definitely a lot rarer than the ones that are dug the most.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUOTE=Iron Patch;5120199]

He usually pays the most too, just hard to find something he doesn't already have.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Oh he's the worst Lisa! Don't be fooled lol. I'm just kidding....he's the man for those early military buttons and pretty darn good with coins as well. First guy I contacted with the mass silver and cob

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hehehee! We're thankful for many here, Abe. Yourself included. -L&J
QUOTE=Ahab8;5120247]He usually pays the most too, just hard to find something he doesn't already have.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Oh he's the worst Lisa! Don't be fooled lol. I'm just kidding....he's the man for those early military buttons and pretty darn good with coins as well. First guy I contacted with the mass silver and cob[/QUOTE]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He usually pays the most too, just hard to find something he doesn't already have.
[/QUOTE]

Oh he's the worst Lisa! Don't be fooled lol. I'm just kidding....he's the man for those early military buttons and pretty darn good with coins as well. First guy I contacted with the mass silver and cob[/QUOTE]

Abe, we're talking about a American collector, just not saying the name... but I am happy to be, and continue to be, your detecting hero. :happysmiley:

It's getting close to that time for you to defend that American dollar you owe me!

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Abe, we're talking about a American collector, just not saying the name... but I am happy to be, and continue to be, your detecting hero. :happysmiley:

It's getting close to that time for you to defend that American dollar you owe me![/QUOTE]

Yeah I meant to quote the part where Lisa says "you're not so bad yourself." And sadly I would have to say you and Bill D are probably the two I have received the most guidance from and who find the stuff I'm constantly searching for. I built a test garden for the GPX yesterday to attempt to start learning that monster. It's going to be very site specific but if there's anything within 24" it will be in my case. Damn thing blew my eardrums out on an 8" large cent. Then did the same on a 15" KGII. If it's down there I will hear it. And don't worry I'm ready to get back out there to pad my big lead some more. I've got some nice variety this year. Gonna look nice all together. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread