Silver Quarter, Cool Token, Clad Kennedy & More

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left out this morning and the first spot I hit was curb strip in front of an old defunct gas station in town. Third target in was the 1964 Washington. :thumbsup: I only dug 3 more coins there totaling $0.37. That was a short hunt so I went and got permission to hunt a yard that is next door to the virgin site I found last year. my logic was that there could be some mid 1800's coins or tokens in the vicinity. It wasn't a total let down, :dontknow: I dug that cool CAMAY token and the Kennedy Half. The other neat finds there was an old Chevrolet hub cap and a padlock.
The town I live in was predominantly marsh land when first settled, so many properties on this side of town had fill brought in over the years. :BangHead:

I then left town and headed back to Lorain to hit a park that was around in the late 1800's. I hit that park Friday and only dug 57 cents (2 wheats and a 53 canadian cent). Today I hit the east side and only found one memorial penny in 45 minutes. :censored: I then decided to hit some curb strips in front of older public properties. Way too much can slaw for my taste so after 3 curb strips and no good targets I went and hunted a tot lot behind a school. My 1st plug was 3 coins totaling $2.01. Nice plug, it contained two dollar coins and a memorial. That site gave up $3.02 total in about 45 minutes. :thumbsup:

I was getting close to dinner time, so I headed home.

Today's Notables

20160918_175748.jpg

All Today's Finds (less trash)

20160918_175640.jpg

Friday afternoon's Park Finds

20160916_200754.jpg

Last Weekend's Hunts

Friday afternoon, Saturday & Sunday, in that order

20160909_165056.jpg 20160910_155049.jpg 20160911_163013.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 30

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt results, congrats on the silver!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job!! Congrats on the silver, but I think that CAMAY token is way cool. Too bad it got a little toasted but nevertheless awesome find.

Congrats and HH

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you out digging LD. Keep those coins comeing. That token is cool. [emoji482]

HH RN

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Loco. Did Kevin's Brother in Law come with you?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you were rewarded with some silver for your efforts, and those old tokens are always fun to dig.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job loco you earn all those goodies that's for sure I'm working on two permissions here in the very near future like you keep telling me !!!!!!!! Thanks for always sharing your finds!!!!!!!!!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Ive only found two silver halves and one clad half. Folks around here seem to have avoided carrying halves or at least avoided dropping them. How a big shiny coin like that could be lost or not eyeballed by another passerby is beyond me

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice bunch of finds. This year has been tough locating silver. Last year, by August 7th,, I had 100 silver coins. So far I have 50. I set a 100 silver coin goal for the year. Getting only one silver every few hunts is going to make it impossible to reach 100.
I hope our luck changes. Got to find a few virgin sites that give up 5 or 6 silvers each trip. Congrats on the silver quarter and good luck on finding a virgin site.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the many recovered items! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt results, congrats on the silver!

Thanks SD :thumbsup:

Nice job!! Congrats on the silver, but I think that CAMAY token is way cool. Too bad it got a little toasted but nevertheless awesome find.

Congrats and HH

Thanks DD, I rather dig older tokens than clad. I was hoping it was a walker or other silver half, it rang in like one on the F75.

Glad to see you out digging LD. Keep those coins comeing. That token is cool. [emoji482]

HH RN

Thanks RN, lost 8 weeks of permission hunting due to the lack of rain, it was nice getting back and hunting one today.

Nice job Loco. Did Kevin's Brother in Law come with you?

Thanks Steve, nah, he has only hunted once since we all hunted in PA, and that was when I went back home for a reunion in August, I drug him along. I did insist that he get us a permission or two to to hunt when I go back for the Octoberfest :occasion14: at the end of the month.

Glad you were rewarded with some silver for your efforts, and those old tokens are always fun to dig.

Thanks JC, Silver coins and tokens feed the fire. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job loco you earn all those goodies that's for sure I'm working on two permissions here in the very near future like you keep telling me !!!!!!!! Thanks for always sharing your finds!!!!!!!!!

Thanks A2, I am looking forward to seeing your finds from a "permission".

Congrats. Ive only found two silver halves and one clad half. Folks around here seem to have avoided carrying halves or at least avoided dropping them. How a big shiny coin like that could be lost or not eyeballed by another passerby is beyond me

Thanks Toasted, I also wonder how they get lost so easily, but am glad they are not as rare in my town. I have dug 18 coins that are a half or larger in my area not including large cents and newer smaller dollar coins.

See you have been busy too Loco. Nice haul!

Thanks 2M, yes I have been busy, but sad to say, not pulling many keepers.

Congratualtions on the many recovered items! :occasion14:

Thanks POE, I try and still enjoy getting out and swinging the coil.

Really nice bunch of finds. This year has been tough locating silver. Last year, by August 7th,, I had 100 silver coins. So far I have 50. I set a 100 silver coin goal for the year. Getting only one silver every few hunts is going to make it impossible to reach 100.
I hope our luck changes. Got to find a few virgin sites that give up 5 or 6 silvers each trip. Congrats on the silver quarter and good luck on finding a virgin site.

Thanks ATW, I know the feeling when it comes to silver counts. That Quarter made 29 for the year and my goal is 60. last year I was at 35 silvers this date. We've had some rain so I can get more permissions. I am on vacation this week, my time will be split between honey do's and dirt fishing.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a several good hunts. Nice silver save. Love seeing the old tokens. They are a great example of Americana.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the silver!, great hunt!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some nice hunts Loco. I like those Camay tokens. There are a number of varieties of them. Congrats.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco, seeing as you're on vacation this week...do you have a particular goal in mind...say...at least 1 silver a day, or a ring a day? I know you're a dedicated coin shooter like myself, so you ought to start a contest thus week "how much $$ in clad will Loco dig this week"...or "how much $$ in face value silver will Loco find during vacation"?...Lol...just a thought...but Loco I know you're over that busy summer hump now, so have a great, safe and fruitful vacation! Ddf.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ROUGH DAY PRODUCTIVE DAY NICE FINDS ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread